Incentives to workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incentives to workers

I have a staff made up with a few ladies who are working single mum's working part time 16 hours week and claiming any entitled benifits themselves

My problem is how do I make an small say under £50 per month incentive to them in either money or other if they reach certain levels of work, This bonus should not be taken up by reduction of benifits negating the purpose.

We will only operate within the law so all earnings will be shown on monthly pay sheets and P60's
    Chris Ashdown

Run competitions where they win prizes such as asda vouchers, argos vouchers or give them a day off for free instead. You won't be able to give direct cash without accounting for it as direct cash. Gotta go indirect IMO.

Comment

Thats great lateral thinking Lee
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Speaking from a completely uninformed viewpoint - I was under the impression that competition prizes etc, if supplied on a more than one-off basis can be constituted by HMRC as payment in kind and therefore eligible to be considered as paid income - bit like a company car etc.
        Pls correct me if I'm wrong as Lee's idea is a good one.
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

O Dear

Checked it out, looks like a Turkey for chrimbo is fine, or a cup of coffee but anything else is vorbidden

Just seems unfair that full time staff get the lot if we went ahead but those on benifits get taken to the cleaners
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Chris,
            Instead of monetary reward how about paid time off, equivalent to £50 for hitting a target?
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

This page has a list of benefits that you can provide for your employees that do not attract tax.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/helpsheets/hs207.pdf

Things that popped out at me were childcare allowance (up to £55 per month), reimbursement for travel to work, and provision of a mobile phone.

Also if any of your workers are not single mums then working 15.5 hours not 16 will mean that they are then entitled to income support.

You can also pay £150 per member of staff for a christmas party, that is included in that document but it doesn't point out that you can split this over several events which makes it more useful.

You could always spend some time looking at the support that they are entitled to and make sure that they all claim it - for example, they could claim a £10 christmas bonus from the government in December.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Fergus but the aim is to get them working harder not give them time off as that would negate itself

Jan
                They already get a Christmas party so that is used up. these ladies will already make sure they get everything thats going in allowances etc

Travel costs and phone would come under tax rules

It would not be so bad if all the staff were full time, then the tax would not matter I would just give them the money plus an allowance for the tax they would pay

I guess most would fiddle the books with expences or purchases but don't want to go down that route
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                X