Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMTP problems 1&1

Hi All

Just to say that 1&1 are experiencing SMTP errors so unable to send emails at the mo!! They est. 1 hour b4 it's up and running again.
    D
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Originally posted by Donna Kempster View Post
    Hi All

Just to say that 1&1 are experiencing SMTP errors so unable to send emails at the mo!! They est. 1 hour b4 it's up and running again.
    D
    Must be getting lots of calls as all I get on the support line is the engaged tone, thanks for the update.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

I had the same problem but mine are going fine now.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Haven't seen any probs my end. All outgoing auth.smtp emails going normally.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Ours all fine now too. D
          Donna

Comment

Ours all fine now too. D
            I must have upset them as mine are still down.

However our backup plan is working

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Can I tell what ur back up plan is ??

D
              Donna

Comment

Can I tell what ur back up plan is ??

D
                BT is our broadband provider so we use them to send the emails but set up Thunderbird accounts with our normal return address, as 1and1 was still receiving all emails.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Huh?

I'm with 1and1, didn't know there was a problem.

But then I wasn't online this morning, en-route to airport, four hours in air, two hours in sun - only now looking at messages!

Trust that it's all fixedi tself.
                  Paul
                  Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

I think it's a Thunderbird problem. Quite often when we try to send from T'bird, outgoing 1and1 smtp fails. It absolutely never fails from Outlook, nor from the iPad.
                    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                      I think it's a Thunderbird problem. Quite often when we try to send from T'bird, outgoing 1and1 smtp fails. It absolutely never fails from Outlook, nor from the iPad.
                      Ours used to fail often, through Thunderbird, also.
                      I hate the way Thunderbird email setup works.
                      Tracey

Comment

Are you using port 25 or 995? I had to change my iPhone to port 995 to allow it to work correctly with 1and1.

Here's a little snippet from the web about the ports used:
                        Port 995 is for inbound SSL-protected pop mail connections. Port 110 is it's non-SSL equivalent. Port 993 is for inbound SSL-protected imap connections. Port 143 is it's non-SSL equivalent.

Port 25 is for outbound smtp. Some servers use or allow port 587 as the SSL-protected and authenticated sendmail port equivalent (that lets people send mail through that server, even though they are affiliated with a "foreign" domain, because some ISPs won't let you send mail to a destination port 25 smtp server if your "From" address doesn't match the ISP's domain name, or if you don't have an email account with the ISP, that is, they are blocking outbound mail from your computer destined to a "foreign" smtp mailserver's port 25).
                        Ref: http://discussions.apple.com/message...sageID=3443586

Comment

587 on Thunderbird - oh and 587 on Outlook too. That's for outgoing.

Incoming is 993 on both.

Comment

Working...
                          X