1&1 hosting 44% price increase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1&1 hosting 44% price increase.

I use 1&1 Business / Linux for my test sites. It was costing a reasonable £8.99 per month.

I've just received an email from them notifying me of a 44% increase in price to £12.99 per month in exchange for a bundle of "unlimited" features that I'll never need or use.

Anyone else got this yet?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

I got it but was good news

I was paying £8.99 like you, but on top of that for half of each month I was paying extra per day for going over the usage limit. The package has been upgraded to make it unlimited, so I shall be saving money. But I can appreciate that people not reaching the limit will be very annoyed.

Sarah

Comment

I have Bus Pro with 1and1 at about £50 odd per quarter and haven't received any notification (as yet).

Comment

I'm on their Pro package which I mainly got for the SSL certificate and like Duncan haven't seen anything about an increase.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

My email from 1&1 does not indicate unlimited bandwidth. Here are all the "unlimiteds":
          - Unlimited Web Space (instead of 20 GB)

- Unlimited IMAP/POP3 E-mail Accounts (instead of 1000)

- Unlimited Subdomains (instead of 300)

- Unlimited MySQL Databases (instead of 2)

- Unlimited FTP Accounts (instead of 10)

- Included FREE Dedicated SSL Certificate
          Secure the transmission of sensitive data on your site
          It's possible that these emails will only be going out at each customers next billing date so it may be a while before everyone gets them.

Comment

Just looked on the 1and1 website and their still advertising Bus at 8.99 and Bus Pro at 14.99. And it includes all the features you mention at that price. In fact they are now offering more on Bus than I used to get on Bus Pro.

Comment

I emailed them a complaint and got a reply two days later saying that they are quite happy to leave me on my original tariff.

Pity they didn't mention that possibility in their first communication.

Comment

Do you have the new control panel Norman? Did you see my other thread about the FTP account issues with it?

Comment

Duncan,

I only use 5 FTP accounts so don't run into any limits. Looks like I've got a fresh new look control panel too.

Comment

I am having problem downloading today. Which is the 'other' thread regarding FTP issues?

Comment

I think the problem was with ftp accounts in the control panel. Duncan had problems managing these as he has more than 10 ftp accounts and the panel was only showing the first 10 with no 'more' / 'next' buttons.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike - have found the other thread now. The 'next page' button is there on my domains panel today.

Comment

Working...
                        X