Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barcode Printing / Creating Software or Fonts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barcode Printing / Creating Software or Fonts?

We are starting to go through the process of creating barcodes for our products, i currently have them avaliable through GS1 but i now need to create these barcodes and print them so looking for so advice from others on how they have done this in the past.

I notice various pieces of software around or the option to buy a font, although the fonts might or might not create the barcode as required. So if anyone has and ideas or suggestions it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Actinic installs a barcode font onto your PC called IDAutomation, so to display a barcode, just use that font - you could just print onto tiny avery labels from a word document - mail merged even.

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

There some information about the IDAutomation free font here: http://www.idautomation.com/fonts/free/

Comment

Thank Jan / Duncan

the code 39 font from id does not produce bar codes like the one i have attached here and when testing it does not work, barcode wont scan. I will try again

Cheers
        Darren
        Attached Files

Comment

Still not able to produce the correct bar code

any suggestions on software to produce these images or use in word would be appreciate

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

I've come across these guys before :-
            http://www.waspbarcode.co.uk/
            www.quantumAV.co.uk
            Home Cinema Receivers and Speakers for Audio Visual Entertainment
            Authorised Dealers for Yamaha/ Monitor Audio/ Kef/ Onkyo/ Marantz/ Denon/ and more..

Comment

I am downloading the trial version now

Thanks for the link

Comment

To produce a barcode in word, all I do is type in the text, select it, change the font to IDAutomationC395 and it looks like a barcode.

I have used Wasp barcode fonts in the past and they are good.

I have also used this free barcode font as well but found that the barcode had to be of a reasonable size for the readers to read it.

http://www.squaregear.net/fonts/free3of9.shtml

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  To produce a barcode in word, all I do is type in the text, select it, change the font to IDAutomationC395 and it looks like a barcode.

I have used Wasp barcode fonts in the past and they are good.

I have also used this free barcode font as well but found that the barcode had to be of a reasonable size for the readers to read it.

http://www.squaregear.net/fonts/free3of9.shtml

Regards,
                  Thanks Jan

i can create the barcode but its not the correct format. I need the EAN format, like the ones your find on almost all products.

I will take a look at the link

Cheers
                  Darren

Comment

Ah, got it, you can buy the IDAutomation EAN fonts here :

http://idautomation.com/cart/IDAutom...kage-P551.aspx

A free wizard here as well, along with details of how to create the fonts, it's quite interesting (if you like that sort of thing).

http://www.barcodefontshop.com/

Don't bother with the free 3 of 9 font, it won't do what you need, it's just code39.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                      Thank Jan / Duncan

the code 39 font from id does not produce bar codes like the one i have attached here and when testing it does not work, barcode wont scan. I will try again

Cheers
                      Darren
                      Code 39 requires a leading and trailing * character to generate valid code 39 barcodes that the will scan correctly, also ensure no trailing spaces (word docs). I found that using an excel sheet is best to produce printable labels.

for ean codes there is free software here http://download.cnet.com/EAN-13-Barc...-10907406.html

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                      Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
                      X