IQ Test in checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQ Test in checkout

Is it possible to add an IQ test to the checkout? I'm fed up with orders from people who seem incapable of using a computer at any level
    Ben
    http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

LOL. Well worth adding to the wish list Ben.

Comment

Its always the way!!

The best are the nice people who translate e-commerce as: they sit in front of their computer looking at it while you have to put a manual order through for the items they could have ordered in 30s by pressing the button screen!! Gods Bless the Customer!!

Comment

More like an IQ test to buy a computer & go online?
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

How about a license to drive?

Comment

An IQ test, seriously? have you lot thought this through, how on earth you going to make a sale if an IQ test comes into it, 99% of people will fail cos they can't read!

We'd go from 1% conversion rate to 1% of the 1% .

Comment

I do rather like the idea. If not the possible consequences.

On the whole though I try to take the attitude that people who get it wrong are really just trying their best under difficult circumstances. A bit like the old folk who drive very slowly and carefully on the road. Yes, it's an inconvenience but I'd rather they still have some independence than be stuck in the house all alone. And it allows me to feel charitable rather than get angry about it. win-win.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes that's true, I'm used to computers, the web etc...always make allowances for those who have less understanding, try hard and take their time.
                Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

My request wasn't meant to be taken seriously I'm all for spending time helping and happy to talk for as long as it takes go clarify something. On a related point, we recently added as a user definable in checkout the question "do you have any comments, good or bad, about our site" and the results have been really interesting- among the many positive comments we've identified several issues which we'd not noticed and which will mean we spend less time on the phone.
                  Ben
                  http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

As far as I'm concerned it wasn't taken seriously. I enjoyed reading some of the comments.
                    Maybe we could do it with a blockif? all it would need is a GetIQ variable in Actinic and then if it returns a value below say 20 it send the visitor to a page saying System Error: brain activity insufficient?
                    Steve Griggs.

Comment

Checkout is the IQ Test

Isn't the online shop and Checkout an IQ test in itself?

I sometimes help customers who ring for help by taking them through the ordering process one field at a time, requiring a huge amount of patience on my behalf, but there are people who are slow, or ill, or handicapped in someway and we just have to bear with them and help as much as we can.

The ones who clearly have responsible jobs (going by the work address or email or title - especially Dr) are more annoying, as their errors are usually just due to carelessness, trying to rush, not reading the page or checking what they have typed, placing an order late at night while drunk or very tired. We find that about 75% per cent of orders need something correcting manually in their name or address or postcode. This is despite having extra help instructions on our pages.

Sarah

Comment

Postcode Anywhere, don't leave home without it.

Comment

Working...
                        X