No announcement yet.

close the company for a few days away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our sales drop to about 2 or 3% of normal during this Christmas/New Year period, so we we take our annual break then.
    We will be effectively closed for three weeks, from Dec. 16th.
    We leave the website completely open for the duration with a message on the site explaining we are not shipping during dates so-and-so and that orders may be placed as usual and will be dealt with when we return.
    We also say that emails will not be replied to before such-and-such a date.
    In the 10 years we've been doing this, we have not had a single complaint. On the contrary, we actually have customers congratulating us on taking some time off and letting them know!
    We do have a telephone answering service operating during that time so there is always contact and believe it or not we always receive one or two calls on Christmas day ....
    I reckon that because so much of that three weeks is taken up with public holidays and extended days off, no-one minds at all.
    Of course, it would be nice to operate 365/24/7 but as we can't we're very relaxed about it.
    And yes, we do make online sales during the closed period.

I've no doubt we lose a few sales, but to me that's just the cost of having the essential break.

I simply can't wait
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
    X