Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free non Actinic Hosting

Hello Guys and Girls,

Im just looking for some advice really, I want to help my cousin out by building her a very simple site, probably 1-3pages but wanted some where cheap, ideally free as she is only just starting out her business, to host it.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Keith

1and1 do some cheap packages that include email starting at £2.49/month. It won't run Actinic mind you. Otherwise if you want free then Google Sites might do.

Comment

Free hosting is a no-no, crap performance and/or advert city. That's like opening a retail shop in a skip. Hosting is the one thing not to skimp on, you can get incredibly cheap packages nowadays, please don't go with a free choice. 1&1, fasthosts, webfusion - choose one of those.

Comment

Hello Duncan,

thanks for the reply, Ill have a scout around online tonight. Its not for actinic, just a 1-3page really standard website just to get her some sort of online presence

Thanks

Keith

Comment

She might be better off starting with a blog than a plain vanilla website.

Then she can update it online, post interesting stuff, etc. Anything with a bit of personal presence is better than a static website.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I would agree with Mike. I know of a relaible reasonably priced hosting company, that will allow you to set up a wordpress blog on your own URL with little or no hassle/technical messing around. Plus wordpress is fairly easy to set up and use as a CMS. Lots of free templates available, and plenty of online help.
            Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
            www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

To add to the recommendations from Lee I can highly recommend Vidahost who have a basic hosting package for just £17 per year.

I have their medium package which allows me to run 6 domains for a total cost over three years of just £58.

Their support is fantastic and the servers very quick.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice! Will look at some low price hosting rather than free

Comment

Working...
                X