Hosting (host006) under DDOS attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting (host006) under DDOS attack

I wish to advise our hosting customers that one of our hosting servers is currently under a severe DDOS attack, our engineers are doing what they can to handle the attack but be advised service may be severely disrupted for the duration of the attack. We will endeavour to keep you posted as things develop
    Steve Wardell
    Operations Director

Hi,

We have also been dealing with a major ongoing DDOS attack on our Actinic site (not hosted by Actinic). The Met Police are now involved and actively investigating. We're happy to share information if you want to PM me anytime over the weekend to see if it is related.

Comment

Is this still going on? If so where do we look for updates?

Comment

where do we look for updates?
        Updates will be posted to our services status page, please find the link below:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/service-status.html
        Paul Murphy
        Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Any more news on this? How long before the affected websites get transferred to a different server?

The Service Status for Actinic Hosting shows "Service OK". Wouldn't it be more "honest" to show this as "Service Down"?
          Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Comment

Please check http://www.actinic.co.uk/service-status the attack has not relented at this time
            Steve Wardell
            Operations Director

Comment

Just re asking an earlier question; is it possible to put us on an unaffected server?

Comment

Originally posted by ElissaMiller View Post
                Just re asking an earlier question; is it possible to put us on an unaffected server?
                I would also ask the same question as above if this problem is to last much longer.

As this is likely to be the most busy weekend for our online store not being online could result is a substantial financial loss.

www.turnerengineering.co.uk

Comment

Hello.

I would have to agree with all that has been said above. I have been contacted by several regular cusomers who are asking why my site is down.

Is it possible to have the sites transfered to a different server?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fridat View Post
                    I would also ask the same question as above if this problem is to last much longer.

As this is likely to be the most busy weekend for our online store not being online could result is a substantial financial loss.

www.turnerengineering.co.uk
                    Yes, nearly 24hrs in and we have seen no change, why can't our site be moved to the same server as the actinic one is hosted on? Please keep us more updated than this, thanks.

Comment

More information would be appreciated.

Such as any positive actions taken to find the source of the attack, if the authorities have been informed. What types of customers are affected (big nationals, small retailers, games hosting etc)

It seems unlike Actinic, who's record for uptime has been very good up until now, to not be able to get around this.

Are other hosting companies being affected?

I was told ITV and big online games like World of warcraft are hosted on Actinic so I would be safe from problems. Both of those seem to be online?

Comment

DDOS attacks are sadly part of life on the Internet, this particular one is nasty as its hitting an IP range. We took a look at the traffic coming in and due to its nature its difficult to analyse it much further at this point. In the very rare occasion this has happened in the past we have been able to identify the offending site quickly and move them off the box.

We are hoping the attack will be over soon, moving people off the server is dangerous as we might simply move the offending site to a different server. As the support desk is closed until Tuesday we are loathed to change IP's or move people as it will require support and we are hoping the attack will be over by then.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused, but there really is little we can do at this time apart from continuing to analyse the traffic.

Ben
                        Benjamin Dyer
                        CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Ben
                          Thank you for the update. Keeping customers informed always helps.

Quick as you can would be appreciated.

Comment

Thanks for the information Ben - I'm a little confused though as I thought you had engineers already working on this rather than just monitoring it? Is that separate to support? I'd hope you would put everything on to this in order to resolve it asap and I'd also hope that this would be resolved this weekend rather than waiting for support to re-open on Tuesday. Are you implying that if you did have support in to monitor IPs this would get resolved faster?

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ElissaMiller View Post
                              Thanks for the information Ben - I'm a little confused though as I thought you had engineers already working on this rather than just monitoring it? Is that separate to support? I'd hope you would put everything on to this in order to resolve it asap and I'd also hope that this would be resolved this weekend rather than waiting for support to re-open on Tuesday. Are you implying that if you did have support in to monitor IPs this would get resolved faster?

Many thanks in advance.
                              Hi Elissa,

Sorry, maybe a poor choice of wording on my side, we are actively working on this and have been since the start of the attack. Due to the nature of this type of attack the details are very complex and changes frequently, so it requires constant monitoring and analysis. This is separate to our first line support team.

I appreciate its frustrating but please be assured we are working very hard on this.

Ben
                              Benjamin Dyer
                              CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Working...
                              X