Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offering add on with a discount

Hi,
    I sell mattresses and what I want to do is offer a mattress protector of the correct size as the mattress when the customer has chosen a mattress. If the customer buys the protector at the same time as the mattress I want to offer a discount, preferably not as a % but as a figure ie: £5 off a single £6 off a double etcetera.
    Can anyone suggest a slick way of doing this, I would rather not add fragments or components to loads of products but link products.
    Hmmmm could I have a Matt protector at full price £35 on the site and the same thing hidden at £29 and link the hidden product to the Mattress ?
    Cheers Steve

How are you going to add a hidden product to the mattresses if you do not want to add components? I translate this as "i want to have an offer on my site, but i can't be arsed with the admin to set it up", perhaps i read it wrong though. You are going to have to do some admin to set it up. For me it would be a component linked to the protector but with your own price added, that way it gets bought with the main product and gets the discount.

You can also copy paste components, just be careful of the pricing model, it used to change when you did this, so check it.

Alternatively, you could do an upsell in the cart, but you should be offering this at product level where you have their attention IMO. Discounts would be a messy way as you'd have to have product groups of single, double, king etc. with a corresponding protector for each.

[TICKBOX] - Tick here to include a protector for just £20 (£5 saving)

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      but i can't be arsed with the admin to set it up", perhaps i read it wrong though.
      No, you got that right or a more positive way of looking at it would be that Actinic could take it on-board as a wish-list suggestion for marketing.

In the general tab there is a Tick Box which says hide on website and I have a few products which I sell over the telephone but not on the web, and I use actinic for these, and I was wondering if it is possible to link to a product hidden in this way say at cart level.

Comment

You can link to hidden products yes, in fact that is the standard way in which actinic allows you to have stock control (if required) on choices within drop down lists (permutations).

Comment

So I could use a hidden product .
          It could be presented as an also bought.
          As I cannot be arsed to look , does the also bought appear at check out as a suggested item?
          It could be presented as an add on with a tick box.

Comment

Also bought is a crap solution for this, it has no usability. People should be able to add extra options easily in one click, marketing lists will require a click away from main product and a separate add to cart, that's junk. Components are the only way to do this, well worth the time investment.

Comment

Yes I see your point. The problem is the mattress protector has a good story, 10 year warranty, waterproof but comfortable, but I do not want to confuse the mattress message with the protector message, the problem I find is too much writing and the customer will not read it and if I start saying on the page the protector is waterproof the speed reading customer will think the mattress is waterproof.
              Thanks for the input.

Comment

You can add as little or as much info as you like. Personally i'd have a simple line of text as outlined but also have it clickable for the person that does want to read up more on the product.

Comment

Working...
                X