Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networked windows7

Good afternoon folks

Placed two new windows 7 64 bit computers into the SBS network and they all work ok except when I try to log into either of them from another computer they come up with a reuest for log in name and password, when I set p the two computers i did not enter any passwords, but when i try any conbination in responce it just comes up with user nor recognised try again

Is there some sort of admin password i should be using or do i need to entre a new password on both new machines and if so how

Thanks

Chris
    Chris Ashdown

I would configure the same username and password on each pc - having no username nor password may not work with the networking.

Comment

Hi Chris

I assume you are trying to connect via remote desktop or similar? If so, then hopefully this will help!

If you have setup a generic user account for these PC's with no password then the local security policy on the PC will probably prohibit the connection you are trying to make.

On the new PC, click start, then run and enter secpol.msc which will load the local security policy. Navigate to local policies and then security options.

Find 'Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only' and disable it.

Then try connecting.

By default the policy restricts users logging into the pc remotely to users with passwords only.

Hope this helps?

Thanks

Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob

Will give it a go first thing tomorrow
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
        X