Nat West Issues today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nat West Issues today

Nat West have had huge IT issues today, both online banking and in the branches affecting all accounts by the looks.

I was however impressed that they had over 1,000 branches open to 7pm tonight so people could access wages etc.

Usually a "bank basher" but credit where it's due.
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Nat West

The secure accounts login went down completely this afternoon, but has come back up so it looks like their problems were big ones. Hopefully resolved now.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
      Nat West have had huge IT issues today, both online banking and in the branches affecting all accounts by the looks.

I was however impressed that they had over 1,000 branches open to 7pm tonight so people could access wages etc.

Usually a "bank basher" but credit where it's due.
      All self inflicted, surely by now they know how to test software before rolling it out system wide, reminds me of 1and1 and BT.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

It was the staff in the branches that impressed me, none of this is their fault, but it is they that are taking it on the chin.
        www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

They do seem to have made a monumental **** up, the secure login for accounts is down yet again this morning, and branches are opening tomorrow.
          It looks like a real failure in the IT department to test their software update on the correct scale. Installing an update corrupted the original software... was the upgrade tested before installation? were the staff properly trained?
          We can only hope lessons are learned from this. If Nat West announce any big bonuses there will be some shouting.
          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

If I was with Natwest then I would be moving banks, this is unacceptable in todays age. There can be no doubt that the software updates and roll out were not tested sufficiently, it shouldn't have been able to happen. I'm sure heads will roll in the IT department or contract company doing the work for them.

Comment

I am and I'm seriously thinking about it. This has gone on far too long now- this is what you see if you try to log in:

SSL connection error
              Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.
              Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.
              Not a good at all. I have my doubts as to whether it was tested very much at all. They obviously have a huge problem now to get back to their initial state without corrupting/losing data.
              Steve Griggs.

Comment

Working...
              X