Links to Advanced User Guides etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links to Advanced User Guides etc

Why have the links for the PDF versions of the Advanced User Guides etc. on the SellerDeck website been made to open up in an embedded version on the page ?

It makes them so difficult to read.

I know it's trivial but it's annoying.

Peter
    Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

You can't right click and Save As either. I'll raise this with Actinic and see the reasoning behind it and see if the links can be changed to the file URLs rather.

Comment

Hello

Sorry to note that. I will mention this to the team right away. Meanwhile if it's any help, Firefox seems to allows you to Open in a PDF reader or save it.

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

We haven't changed anything about the pdfs. As far as I know the way they are handled depends on the browser. There may be an option somewhere in the browser settings that controls it.

Chrome normally gives you an option to open the file in Acrobat Reader. I'm not sure about IE.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I think you need to visit:
          http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...ed-user-guides

Peter

Comment

Pete is correct, all 3 major browser launch them only in an embedded window in the browser and it's really hard to read that way.

That being said, Pete, you saw can download any version via the zip files right? EDIT - maybe they actually fixed it right away
            Last edited by prsweeney; 03-Jul-2012, 05:58 PM. Reason: correcting myself

Comment

OK ISWYM, it's worse that I thought. I have asked someone to look into it.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Yes I did see that you could download the Zip file, thanks.

It's just not quite as convenient as clicking a link and it opening up straight away.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                X