Farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell

I’ve been struggling with cancer for the last two years and today was told that there’s nothing more that can be done for me. My life expectancy is weeks, not months and all that’s left is palliative and hospice care. I’ll not be able to do any more SellerDeck based work and will upload all my add-ons as open source freeware.

There’s no secret sauce in any of my add-ons. Full source is always provided. The ones that contain patched Perl scripts (.pl and .pm files) have instructions at the beginning of these files on how to locate the patched areas. I use no special tools for the patching except Notepad++ and also use WinMerge to see what the differences are between these files in each release of SellerDeck. A little bit of skill is required to do the patching and if it’s difficult then hopefully another designer will take on that work and it’s only fair that they get compensated for their efforts should they ask.

It's been a blast. Especially all the "can't be done" things that I managed to help with.

Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Dear Norman, so so sorry to hear that. I have been with Actinic/Sellerdeck since version 3, during that time you have been an ever present voice of calm, sage like wisdom on the forums and with your plugins that have fixed so many peoples problems. Legend.

Comment

Norman, so sorry to hear such sad news. You have helped all of us over many years both individually and through all the invaluable posts we search here.
      Best wishes Ed.
      https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Norman, thanks for all you've done for Sellerdeck / Actinic over the years. The number of posts - 11,266 - says it all. You've made an amazing contribution at all sorts of levels to the software that I started working on in 1998. It's much appreciated.

Hugh Gibson
        CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Hi Norman,

It’s incredible to see how generous and giving you are even to this moment. I would like to personally thank you for everything you’ve done for everyone connected to Actinic/Sellerdeck.

You’ve been a monumental part of this company’s history.

All the best.
          Josh Barling
          CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Dear Norman, that is really sad news. You have helped me tremendously with some specific requests and add-ons over the years and many others with your posts and responses to questions raised on this forum.
            Best wishes Martin.
            Martin
            Mantra Audio

Comment

Norman, as part of the Sellerdeck team over the last 18 years I've watched you from the sidelines helping other community members, offering advice and code, always responding to questions, and never letting the 'impossible' get in the way of solving the problem. I'm truly sorry about your situation.

Thank you
              Steve Wardell
              Operations Director

Comment

Dear Norman, I'm very sorry to hear your news. You've taught and helped me so much over the last 20 years through your informative posts on the forum, and I'm forever in your debt. My thoughts are very much with you.

John
                John Ennals
                www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Dear Norman

Seeing the title "Farewell" on the main page, my first thoughts was that you was leaving this platform... but having opened and read your post... I was shocked and saddened.

I'm deeply sorry to hear of what is happening

I've always checked this forum and notice seeing your posts... helping out the community here over the many many many many years...
                  I've seen names disappear, but yours has remained for as long as I could remember.
                  Your contributuon to this community has been amazing. Truely truely great.

All the best for you and your family over the coming weeks.

Will miss you.

Tak

- if there's anything we can do... let us know

Comment

Norman, You have been such a huge help to me and many others here, I can't thank you enough. You will be missed and remembered as a huge part of our community, Thank you!
                    Many Thanks
                    Lee
                    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
                    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

Hi Norman.

It saddens me to read your post - you knocked the wind out of my sails. You're a pillar of the community and will be forever remembered for the work you have done and the help you have given to so many.

We only ever met in person once at the Actinic offices way back when, but you are so well known to everyone here. Making your work available to all is a very generous gesture and it will be useful to so many more as well.

Our thoughts are with you and your family. Make the most of the weeks, months or years you have ahead, you derserve it.

Comment

Norman, I'm so sorry to hear this.

You're a legend for all the support you've given on this forum and someone I've admired and looked up to for many years. I don't think we're ever met but I'm going to miss you very much and your ability to do things with sellerdeck no-one thought was possible has been incredibly impressive.

With best wishes

Mike

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, Norman. Thank you for your kindness and generosity in thinking of your many users, even at such a time. Your contribution here has been immeasurable. Praying that whatever time remains will be comfortable, peaceful and full of meaning.
                          Bruce Townsend
                          Ecommerce Product Manager
                          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks Norman for all your help, my best wishes.

Comment

I'm so very, very sorry to read this Norman. You've been an incredible support over so many years to all of us. Thank you for everything.
                              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
                              X