Internet World 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet World 2013

Did anyone else go to Internet World this year? The things I found interesting in particular were:

1. Engagement and conversion rates. Some very bright people were there. I had some good and enjoyable discussions but typical budgets are way out of my league.

2. Personalisation. Seems to be in action everywhere:

- On Google Display Network
    - On websites to show different bits of content on the page
    - As a trigger and content for emails based on viewing & purchase behaviour

3. There was a company that seemed to be doing some clever stuff with search data mining to identify seo weakness and opportunities for sites with lots of products (say 4,000 plus). In essence, if you sell 'fishing reels' it would find all the related search key phrases that were being used (say "Fishing reel line gauge"), identify how well your products ranked for those, highlight the major opportunities and make suggestions on what should be done to improve the situation. Apparently using this was the most profitable campaign for a well known PC manufacturer who employs more than 100 people in their sem department.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Did you visit Big Data as well Mike? Was that interesting too?

Comment

Hi Duncan. No, I didn't get around to big data. I made a few of the seminars (the voucher scheme works well) and had to leave fairly early.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
      X