Google Verified Owner??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Verified Owner??

I've just been having a look around my Google Webmaster Tools and had a message from Google asking to verify a new owner of the domain. It's a guy I used for some SEO work around 5yrs ago but have had no contact with (other than newsletter stuff) since then. I see I can unverify him but does anyone know more about this practise? I'm hoping that this is just a remnant from his work that he's forgotten to remove but I suspect he has logged on after his work was complete and co-registered himself for boosting his rating in Google as he's registered on Dec12. Would it be something done automatically or a deliberate act?

Bit confused??

Andy

I suspect it's just a remnant.

I had a message from Google two days ago telling me I needed to verify my site and unlinking my google products account as the site was un-verified. Despite me being verified for god knows how many years.

It turns out my verification file had been grunged at some point in the past by my html editor.

So it does look to me as if Google has been rechecking the site verification files.

I'd unverify the other guy and change all passwords if you gave him access in the past.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi

Thanks for that. I was hoping it was just something left over and I've unverified him now.

Chees

Andy

Comment

I would check all Google product accounts as might be in Admin area under users still for Analytics etc too!

Make sure in Webmaster tools you click site in question on dashboard, then under Configuration select users and delete from there

Comment

Working...
        X