Installing Sellerdeck onto a domain that currently is a Wordpress Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Sellerdeck onto a domain that currently is a Wordpress Blog

Any ideas on what would happen if Sellerdeck was installed on a domain that currently has Wordpress installed?

I'm guessing the homepage would automatically become Sellerdeck but would the Wordpress pages/posts be retained on their current Urls and would I still be able to log in at /wp-login.php whilst being able to run Sellerdeck as normal....any thoughts.......

You would need to decide if you wanted to use the Wordpress home page or SellerDeck home page, as you can rename the SellerDeck home page from index.html to something else if you do not want it to show as the domain home page. If you have a .htaccess file on the server you would need to check it would not interfere with the files.
    Peblaco

Comment

you can rename the SellerDeck home page from index.html to something else if you do not want it to show as the domain home page.
      Anyone point me in the right direction to make this change?

Comment

In the Content Tree Home page, Page Filename is the file name. You can rename the file. You need to make sure you have an acting home page such as index.html, index.php or home page of the blog.
        Peblaco

Comment

So, as the blog homepage resides at www.mydomain.co.uk
          i could simply change the filename in Sellerdeck to shop.html and then away i go and the blog homepage would remain?

Comment

Yes that is correct.
            Peblaco

Comment

I notice that there is also a "Use as Website Home Page" field.

Should that be ticked or unticked?

Comment

If you un-tick Use as Website Home Page it will not upload the software home page and the link on the menu will list top level sections.
                Peblaco

Comment

Working...
                X