Actinic Online Misleading Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Online Misleading Email

Actinic Online are now apparently emailing site owners of Actinic Desktop with a very misleading email which makes no reference they are a separate entity to the former desktop version. They must also be scraping websites for contacts and not using the list of software owners as originally agreed in the SellerDeck / Actinic sale agreement.

I’m not sure if you are aware, but under the Actinic brand we now sell a powerful cloud based ecommerce platform. You currently still run the legacy version of Actinic ( now called SellerDeck ) on your website.

We are doing some very good offers currently to migrate your data from your legacy version of Actinic, to our new cloud based version.

The cloud version has many extra features and operational advantages compared to the desktop version you run now :

· No software to install locally
    · One monthly cost that includes very stable hosting, support, upgrades and back up’s
    · You can access the site from any device connected to the internet
    · Mobile device optimisation
    · Customer loyalty and referral schemes built in
    · In built e-mail and SMS marketing
    · Integration with Ebay, Amazon & Facebook

· We have an in-house design & SEO studio if you require these professional services

Please see below for a more comprehensive list of features and benefits in upgrading : ... blah blah blah blah
    The repeated use of the word "legacy" and no mention that this is a separate company is very misleading and implies I would be "upgrading" to the newer version of the same software I am currently running.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Clearly a poor marketing department. Probably run by a sales manager who thinks the best way to gain customers is to mislead them into believing they're using an old system.

Why they can't just make it clear there are two alternative and promote the benefits of the one they offer is a bit of a mystery to me. Especially considering Chris is on the board of both.

Rather shoddy work. Not impressive.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The word 'legacy' is really bad, how can anyone not take from that they are on old, outdated and poor software. It all seems like one of those dirty adword campaigns we used to see. Not impressive at all.

Comment

Working...
      X