Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little help on wording for customer ordering

Hi All,

I run a store that sells Velcro brand goods, now some are on rolls of either hook or loop, so if you want both sides you need to order 2 rolls, this was becoming a real nightmare at one point with cutomers calling asking why they had only got one half until last week I had Norman do his majic, now if the customer adds an item that requires both sides a lightbox opens giving them the option to add the corresponding side.

It as expected works like a charm and 90% of customers order without a hitch, however some are calling me or adding notes to the order, saying they had great dufficulty understanding it or questioning why they got two items in the basket. Now I am sure that I have it worded fairly simple and just not sure where or what to do.

My question really is to ask if anyone could take a few moments to try it and see if it makes sense to you, and give me a bit of direction if you feel it needs any calrification, or if it makes perfect sense to all then am I just to put it down to a small minority and leave well alone. The trouble for me now is that I am exhausted in that I have no idea if its my site or just the people ordering..

sample page:

http://www.hookandloopfasteners.co.u...-25m-roll.html

If you hit the add to cart button with the attribute box unchecked a lightbox will open, if you tick the box it wont and will add both bits to the basket uninterrupted.

Thanks for any input, I really do appreciate it
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

what about changing it to a simple dropdown "hook side only", "loop side only" "hook and loop"
    the customer can't argue they could not understand the question

Comment

The first title says loop side and the second title starts with the words "loop side only" so on first glance that could be confusing. For example you could have "Optional: Add Hook Side". The hook option could be moved above the add to cart. If is laid out neatly I don't think it needs to be in red.
      Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by completerookie View Post
        what about changing it to a simple dropdown "hook side only", "loop side only" "hook and loop"
        the customer can't argue they could not understand the question
        I have it set that way on my other site, it is probably the fool proof way, but as I had already laid out the site as separate products I looked at this way. My aim was to make it easy for the customer to add one side or both without going backwards and forwards.
        Many Thanks
        Lee
        www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
          The first title says loop side and the second title starts with the words "loop side only" so on first glance that could be confusing. For example you could have "Optional: Add Hook Side". The hook option could be moved above the add to cart. If is laid out neatly I don't think it needs to be in red.
          Sounds like a plan, I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Thanks both for your input, will have a play with it and see what will work best
          Many Thanks
          Lee
          www.mdnsupplies.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X