Given up the day job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given up the day job

It's almost exactly 10 years since I launched my online business as a sideline, and yesterday I finally quit my day job to run it full time. Freedom at last!

I'd like to take this opportunity, before the reality kicks in, to thank all you regular contributors to the SD Community Forums for the help and knowledge gained over the years. The Community is one of the best things about SD and there's only been one occasion when I've had to turn to SD Support because I couldn't find the answer via a forum. (This was to do with a glitch in HTML emails for which SD to their credit supplied a fix which is now incorporated in 14.0.1)

The next challenge is to go responsive with SD2014, which seems to become a lot easier once you accept that importing your SD2013 site is not necessarily the path to true happiness and that it's best to start with a clean SD template (so many to choose from!). April 21st might even be achievable...

Anyway, thanks again

John
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Congratulations John. I hope your freedom gives you time to enjoy life and if it does then I'm insanely jealous. I decided to take on a shop as this puts me in a better position with the suppliers in my industry but sadly it also ties me to regular opening hours.

Best of luck.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X