royal mail despatch manager online barcoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

royal mail despatch manager online barcoding

I have spoken to RM a few times on their plan to move all users onto DMO and the people we've spoken to (they've even sent a rep to me!) don't really get my issues.

Firstly we are a multi-site multi product pick and pack operation. Product combination (of which there are thousands of permutations!) as well as weight determine the RM service. Manually re-keying the addresses into DMO is not an option.

How therefore do I get the details loaded into DMO that will a) allow me to easily tell it which postal service the product is - I can't see any other way than manually adding this info to the upload file which means a visual check on each order? and b) prevents a manual matching of RM DMO label to SD invoice? From what I understand DMO only operates on an address label format. I can't get RM to understand that this process is long winded and prone to massive error.

I have looked at a couple of bolt on output csv file options but they cause me as many issues as they solve.

Has anyone got the RM API to work with SD? The manual might as well have been written in a foreign language! or does anyone know of a company or SD themselves who have looked at the reverse process and can pull the barcode or generate the barcode in SD to print on the integrated label and still use OBA to generate the prices.

I know there is conflicting info on whether it will become mandatory but basically we were advised by the rep they sent that if we dont go for it at some point there will be a price rise on non barcoded mail.

Many thanks

Donna
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

I am also looking to move to DMO barcode at some point so would also be interested in knowing what plugins or other software that exists or being developed to allow SD users to integrate with DMO and keep the system streamlined as I don't want to have to manually enter addresses or spend extra time to produce the barcoded labels.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Hi Darren, Donna,

Our Sellerdeck desktop order processing tool here :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Mul...r-Actinic.html

and our multichannel order processing tool here (works with Sellerdeck desktop and Sellerdeck cloud) :

http://www.1stoporders.co.uk/

can both be used to connect Sellerdeck to DMO, we are working on a more automated link as well, this should be available in the next few weeks.

I can't see a way to driectly link Sellerdeck to Royal Mail through the API but perhaps this could be done with the next version though as it supports embedded extensions.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

thanks for your reply - we have your 1stoporders already but my issue is with the determining of format (large, letter, parcel) from within SD and then allocating the relevant weight. I assume this will have to be a manual adjust to the upload to DMO?

Also what is the output from DMO is it simply the address label and barcode as this will involve a whole matching process back to the printed integrated label invoice from SD - what I really want is the DMO barcode to print on my SD integrated label!

Thanks
        Donna
        Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Working...
        X