Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the carousel.

I have a carousel on my V14.

I have to admit that it went on because ' If Sellerdeck offer it as an option it must be worthwhile'

I've just read stats that say only 1% of visitors click on the carousel and of those 89% click on the first image.

Has anybody done any research themselves on this and do you use your carousel?
    Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Is it really designed as a click through or rather a way to display a wide range of goods without leaving the home page or taking up to much room on the home page
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Mine is just a click through. Basically duplicating some of the more popular items on the home page.

My reservations about it is that it takes up a lot of physical space at the top of the home page for what seems not much benefit.

It doesn't seem to have affected sales either way to be honest.

I was just curious to get other opinions.

Comment

I agree with Chris, I see the carousel primarily as an eye-catching display and a means of getting as much pictorial information "above the fold" on the front page as possible. I suspect many visitors don't even realise that the images are clickable.

On that basis I'd definitely recommend using a fairly fast automatic transition rather than manual. On my website I have 2 images displaying at a time, which I think makes best use of the page width. I made all my slider images the same width and roughly the same height to improve appearance and reduce blank space. Also I reduced the height of the carousel a little so that space is used more efficiently and the front page fits nicely on a mobile phone screen.

John
        John Ennals
        www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

John,

Further to your helpful post, how did you get 2 separate images on the carousel that only move half an image (if you get what I mean?).

And how do you get them linked to separate sections?

When I first looked at it first I assumed that the 2 images were simply one large image comprising 2 pictures.

Comment

Gail,

If you select in the content tree the page fragment that contains the carousel, then select the Marketing panel, everything you want should be there. I have Minimum and Maximum Images In View set to 2, and Images to Scroll set to 1. (You might need to scroll down the panel to see these settings).

John
            John Ennals
            www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X