UK Mail- Feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Mail- Feedback?

We've just been offered a very good rate by UK mail for our parcels and post- cheaper than Interlink for parcels, and cheaper than Royal Mail for post. We have a very good relationship with Interlink, so I'm wary of changing- does anyone here use UK Mail, and if so could they offer any feedback? Feel free to message me directly if you want to keep it confidential- thanks in advance for any replies
    Ben
    Ben
    http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

I've used them for several years. Generally ok other than when they sometimes use agency drivers who can't find places - i send stuff to lots of rural addresses so this could be a factor. They are a cheaper service but their website has improved for customer redirects and tracking. If something gets lost don't expect compensation as it's around £10/kg and now with a big excess - annoyingly i've claimed in the past only to find that although I pay the same for a 1 kg order as a 20 kg the cover is based on the weight so payout is more for a 5 kg, £20 order than a £100, 1kg one. But i think all carriers are the same. I've had customers complain about phoning ukmail customer service but it's hard to tell how many phone them and don't have issues. I've normally found them easy to get hold of.

Comment

Happy Customer

We use UKMail and are very pleased in general (hope not tempting fate here), with fewer problems than we have had with other carriers, but part of this being down to communication systems having improved with all carriers. We have used Interlink and City Link previously, not to mention Yodel etc. so I won't mention Yodel.

Things that have improved matters are the emails and text messages going to customers on the day of delivery and after delivery, the ability for customers to reschedule using these, the estimated delivery times (though some complain when the driver can't keep to the estimate, not able to understand the word estimate), and in some cases getting live tracking on their website, text messages at stop before their's, etc, though many customers don't use any of this. There will always be some who never read anything, unavoidable.

We actually use GFS as the middle man. When there is a problem with a delivery, we message GFS and they handle it with UKMail. This works well in general.

With all carriers there will be problems at peak times (lead of to Christmas) as they all have to use temporary drivers, who are not familiar with the area, the systems, the equipment, etc. I suspect that no carrier is better than another in this respect.

Sarah

Comment

Thanks Simon, Sarah,
        Very useful. Not sure if we'll switch or not yet- prices are much better than our current Interlink rates, and they offer post too, but I'm hesitant to rock the boat this side of Christmas. Will continue to ponder...
        Cheers
        Ben
        Ben
        http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X