Shiipping company recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shiipping company recommendation

Can anyone recommend a shipping company for these two types of things (not in the same shop so different companies are fine for these two)

1) Original paintings (value up to £2000 - average value £500)

2) Paper - this will be shiped by the box and the weights will be

1 box 6kg
    2 boxes 12kg
    3 boxes 18kg
    4 boxes 24kg
    5 boxes 30kg
    10 boxes 60kg

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Not sure about the first but worth trying parcelair.com for the second. I have a 12kg box to send to Japan a little while ago, DHL was going to be £150ish with insurance. The Parcel Air folk used dhl to send it but it only cost £82.00 with insurance. I've only used them once. Phoned them on Tues, parcel picked up Wed, arrived in Tokyo Fri....

Sorted.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Jan

I find and use Initial City Link who seem to be one of the cheapest in the UK and also good tracking insurance and delivery with no lost goods todate.

Try them for a quote

www.city-link.co.uk
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

if you still looking

tuffnels works for us, mainly because we send large items 1M x 5M on occassions, they charge us £7.20 up to 20kg not sure about the costs for upgraded insurance though, we also send boxed items without any problems

cheers
        Darren

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions - I am checking these out online but think that I will probably need to call for a proper quote.

Many thanks,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I'm getting really fed up with this now, posting things seems to be a very hard thing to do for some unknown reason.

City Link don't want to know us until we are posting 50+ parcels a month.

ANC are always out and I am waiting for the others to reply to my queries (tuffnells did have a nice big green web site though).

I'm getting quite tempted by the idea of just sticking a first class stamp onto my boxes of paper and putting them into the post box. ;-).

Regards,

Comment

Jan

Tuffnels will do a call before 11am to book a collection and they will turn up that day (most of the time) service. Once you have established a reasonable turnover of parcels they will also do a daily collection without the need to ring

also on there website they offer order tracking simply enter your account code and ticket number and it will give you the details, if it has been delivered you can even view the delivery note to see who signed for it.

I also under stand they are looking to move to a more automated system allowing you to print the labels and scan them. Not sure what the actual automation will be and who it will be avalible to. we send anything from 1 - 30 parcels a day from our head office. This maybe why they want us to move to this service

anyway happy hunting

Darren

Comment

Jan

Suprised to hear that of City Link, I checked here in Norwich and they say they will take anyone, especially a new or small setup company, so maybe that's what you should try to tell them.

Problem may be you are a dsitance from their normal pick up routes but when I started I told them I only had 2 or 3 orders a month but growing and they were happy

anything must be better than the plod to the post office

Cheer up don't let the bastards get you down
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks Chaps. Giggleswick is a bit rural so maybe that is part of the problem, I'll be moving soon and will more in the thick of things so I might be better off leaving it until then.

Cheers,

Comment

Getting somewhere at last - parcelair will send up to 20kgs for 10.95 + VAT which I think it quite reasonable. Loads of info on parcelair at http://www.postvan.com/

Regards,

Comment

Hi Chris

Have checked out the Citylink website, and see them quoting £11.60 next day. Any idea how negotiable these rates are?

We send around 20 per week, 2-10kg, and currently use Parcelforce48. The published tariff is £13.20, but we pay £5.75 on contract. Thats why wondering if you know of any negotiated rates for Citylink, and would like to compare (Parcelforec are pretty bad when they lose something BUT they haven't lost a lot of ours of the years (probably 1 in 150 is max trouble rate).

Martin

Comment

City Link rates start at

Link Letter under 1 kg = £5.00 next day

City Pack large plastic sack 60cm x 40 cm under 5 kg = £5.75 next day

Parcel 10 Kg = £7.50 next day plus £0.35 per extra Kg

All next day delivery is between 09:00 and 17:30

different rates for before 09:00, 10:30, 12:00 and Saturday

Link Letter is a carboard packet which allows me to send out two pairs of overalls or a sweater so not bad size.

Better rates available for more packets a month

Hope this helps
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

ANC have quoted £6.95 for next day delivery for up to 10kgs, this is an account for people with less than 50 parcels per month. Just Tuffnells to go now and we will be sorted.

Regards,

Comment

APC-OVERNIGHT.COM

Hello - sorry Ive not been on the forum for a couple of days, missed this one.

We use APC-OVERNIGHT

Costs are:
                            £5.00 to UK up to 20kg, then 20p per kilo after. This is next day - signed for before 4pm.

garry

Comment

The results are in ....
                              for a startup company with less than 50 parcels a month the rates I got were (all next day delivery)

ANC - £6.85 for up to 10kg, if I send 50+ parcels per month the rates go down.

Citylink - minimum monthly spend is £300 (obviously this is not the case for everyone but this is what I was offered).

Tuffnells - £10.95 up to 20kg, minimum weekly invoice is £50, so 1 parcel would cost me £50 to send.

Parcel Air £10;95 for up to 10kg no discounts for account holders for uk deliveries

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X