Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the differences in v4 and v6?

Hi

I'm new to Actinic and want to use Catalog for setting up a very small online shop for a friend of mine, who's selling books for a niche market. The entire stock is no more than 75 items in total.

His budget is very limited so he couldn't afford to buy the v6.0 but we found v4.0 on ebay under £100. Can somebody point me to some literature which highlights what's in and what's not in v4?

All we want is to show a list of books split by categories, a shopping basket to add selected books, checkout pape showing the total cost (plus postage), and the order to be sent via email and payment via cheque or direct bank transfer (as a separate process carried out by the buyer outside the site).

Do you think v4.0 is sufficient for this?

Cheers

Len

You can see all the differences between v4 and v6 by going to the Actinic upgrading guide on the website.

Click on the version of v4 that you are thinking about buying, then select a v6 version and see the features.

Please be aware that not all of the licenses sold on eBay are legal (we do try and shut down as many illegal auctions as we can). Please call us on 0845 129 4800 if you are not sure and we will look into it for you.

Comment

sorry to hop onto this thread but I have decided the best option for me is to buy V6 from new rather than buy the actinic cover package (free hosting period and ssl certificate etc) I was rather hoping to sell my v4 on Ebay to recover some of the £599 I spent on it 3 years ago!. Is the package and the licence code mine to sell if I have bought a new package with a new licence code?
      Back up and running thanks to help from Actinic community!!
      http://www.pinkcatgifts.co.uk

Comment

Carolyn

If you have an old license of Actinic, it against the license terms of Actinic to sell it on to someone else.

If you call Actinic Sales on 0845 129 4800 then they may be able to give you some further options.

Comment

so are the people who sell them on Ebay allowed to do that?,I am quite confused there are loads appear for sale and they seem to have licences with them

Comment

There are people selling Actinic on eBay illegally. We are in the process of contacting them to remind the of the license terms of Actinic.

Comment

Ahh ok, a friend of mine wants to try using Actinic so \i could give it to him instead, he has the kitchen units from his old kitchen to swap! he is a "have to have it brandnew" type so he is likley to buy his own V6 afterwards!

Comment

Working...
              X