Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to send JPG with outlook

I am unable to send jpg files by either outlook 2000 or express ver 6

I installed a new computer last week due to virus on the old one, and its refused to send them since new. Installed McFee Internet security 2004 first. so not thought to be a virus, have also ran other virus software as well as three anti spyware.

I can send GIF and BMP files but when I try to send JPG files the mailbox just time out (error 0x800ccc19), if I then delete the JPG file from the email it sends OK

Have tried another computer with the same internet (Broadband) connection and it sends them OK so not hought to be ISP trouble

Any suggestions would be apreciated
    Chris Ashdown

Hi there

How to deal with error number 0x800CCC19

There is a problem in Outlook Express 6 with certain file attachments (or technically called MIME types) when they appear in your POP3 mailbox. Your connection to the mailserver will then time out. The solution is to download the Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 from Microsoft which should fix the problem. Please see this link to Microsoft OE6/SP1.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...1/default.mspx

Hope that helps
    ________

Comment

Thanks James, But I have uploaded all updates to both XP, Office 2000 and Express Ver 6 and still the same problem
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Ok, this problem can also be associated with having Norton AntiVirus 2003 or Norton AntiVirus 2002 installed, or you have Scan incoming Email and Scan outgoing Email turned on in Norton AntiVirus.

You could also try turning off e-mail scanning in Norton AntiVirus by doing the following...

1/ Quit Outlook Express.
        2/ Start Norton AntiVirus.
        3/ Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, click Norton AntiVirus. The Norton AntiVirus Options dialog box appears.
        4/ In the Internet section, click Email.
        5/ Click to clear the Scan incoming Email and Scan outgoing Email check box.
        6/ Click OK.
        7/ Close Norton AntiVirus.

Comment

James

Many thanks but I do not have Norton installed just McAfee
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;813518 as this problem can also occur when you use McAfee software products.

Comment

Working...
            X