Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyobyd know wh yI'm not seeing these graphics/images/colours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyobyd know wh yI'm not seeing these graphics/images/colours?

If anyone will know, someone here will!
    I have a problem viewing some images and graphics on my PC.
    I can give you 3 examples.
    My own homepage.. www.chariotsonhire.co.uk
    I cannot view the animated banner (.gif) at the top (doesn't even leave a broken link, not even a space for it!)
    another one of my pages, http://www.chariotsonhire.co.uk/acat...her_Makes.html
    I don't see the top 5 products photos (these are .jpgs)
    And, a friends website, www.pitterpatterclothnappies.co.uk
    I see nothing bar a background with feet on..no banner and hence no link to her store (and I know I'm not alone with this one but I suspect it is a related problem)
    For the record, I'm running IE6 on Windows XP.
    Any ideas why I'm not seeing these? I have the latest (free versions of) animation software (Flash etc) as I thought that was it when my banner didn't show but I don't have problems on other sites that I know use animated stuff and, now I se eit's also happening to images, it's probably not that anyway.
    Actually, another (perhaps related?) problem I'm having is my PC is not showing up the lighter green on my Budget Bumps site at all. Not offline or online. www.budget-bumps.co.uk/acatalog is just dark green writing on a white background and no other colours at all. That goes for my buttons/banner offline in my editing softwares too.
    So, oh knowledgable ones, wassup with my PC?
    Thanking you in advance of your wisdom
    Tracey
    Tracey

A couple of things worth trying.

1) Look at your pages with another browser - this will let you know whether it's an IE problem or not. E.g. try Mozilla / Opera. If you don't have these on your PC yoou can download them www.mozilla.org or www.opera.com - or they will be on the cover CD of most computer magazines.

2) Check your systems colour depth. You may have it set to only 256 colours (often the inadvertent result result of loading an old game). To do this, right click on a blank bit of your desktop and choose Properties / Settings.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Clear out your temporary internet files and / or when viewing the problem pages try ctrl+shift+refresh . . . we had a similar problem on our own site and IE was insisting on showing cached pages
      Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
      Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Working...
      X