buying 2nd hand versions help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying 2nd hand versions help please

hi i am just starting out in business and cant currently justify the £379 price tag of the V7 software
    but i have been offered v6 for around the £100 mark it has been used on a site before but that site is no longer running can i still register this software to my own venture or is it now worthless to the vendor of the old software ? also can i upgrade V6 to V7 or not?

thanks

Gareth
    Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
    Current project:
    cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
    cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
    Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Hi

If the software has been used, then it would have registered itself on our servers under the previous contact details. The software can then not be transfered/sold/given to anyone else to build a site, even if the old site has been removed.

I'm sorry to say that the purchase of second hand software would break the licence agreement and could not be upgraded or used again.

Please contact me if you have any other questions.
    Mark Rice
    Actinic Sales
    0845 1294800

Comment

The contract actually says that the software cannot be transferred without written permission from Actinic, so if your friend wants to sell this software to you they need to get written permission from Actinic. This is good for you as well because you can then check with Actinic that this software hasn't be resold before.

Also if you shop around you will find that you can buy Actinic for a bit less than the retail price.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

hi thanks for that reply

just thought i would check, also you mention places selling cheaper than retail

anyone care to email me where if it isnt possible to list on this forum

thanks

Gareth

so far suitabley impressed with the catlog software but drooling over the business one aswell
        Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
        Current project:
        cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
        cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
        Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

If you run a search for Actinic on google the cheapest people will probably be listed in the ad-words. Cheapest isn't always best mind you, some Actinc partners offer free support as well for example.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

try www.zionmedia.co.uk or www.4surehosting.co.uk
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
            X