Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a actinic site designer and host together

Hi there.

Basically, we own a new copy of Actinic Catalogue so we have the reg info etc. We have the domain. I am looking a company that can host the domain name and design an actinic e-commerce site. The payment side is to go to www.securehosting.com (of which actinic and secure hosting support each other in terms of the connection between the two)

It is essential that the hosting and design is to be the same company, reason being that there is no probs later down the line if the site goes down (ie only one contact needed to sort)

Please can you email me on naveed@worldrallying.com for more info on what is required so you can quote me. Preferably actinic approved companies or ones that have a portfolio of sites made in actinic that I can have a quick look at.

Thanx!

Hi,

We develop a lot of Actinic sites and host lots more, some listed within:
    http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/inform...ing_list.shtml (F5 gets you a fresh random selected list of more).

Some we have developed for:

www.twoleftfeet.co.uk, www.koolkingdom.co.uk, www.warwickgifts.co.uk, www.auto-connect.co.uk

Comment

The only site I can get to from that list is www.warwickgifts.co.uk
      None of the other sites seem to work, not even the 4surehosting.co.uk site

Can anybody else get to all of those sites, or is it a problem at my end?

Comment

I think it's a problem at your end. I can get into all of them.

Comment

antrixx, can you tell us what ISP you are using? Is it a cable company by any chance?

Comment

Our site www.earlybaby.co.uk is designed and hosted by Gary Hay of Grampian Web Wizards www.grampianwebwizards.com. He has been really helpfull and always been there when problems have occured.

Bill
            www.earlybaby.co.uk
            Last edited by Earlybaby; 30-Sep-2004, 08:56 AM. Reason: error in www addy
            Early Baby Premature Baby Clothes
            <A HREF="http://www.earlybaby.co.uk">www.earlybaby.co.uk<A>
            Quality, affordable baby clothes specially created for premature and low birthweight babies.

Comment

Many ISp's use their own local DNS data, when this hcupps, whole swathes of IP's are shown as 404 error pages. although they are available to many others. I have had a client ring me to tell me that his site is down, I check it, and know it is not (as I would hve been notified way before he found out anyhow) when I tell him that the problem is his end they get upset. To ease their pain I ask them to view the site from a proxy server (I give them the address) they log on using a different dns database, and bobs your uncle they can see their site. I have even had to ask them to contact a friend or colleague who is on a different IP to confirm indelentently.
              Old Bald & Stupid, but more than compensated for by being born Welsh.
              Umbrella Consultancy <a href="http://www.umbrella-consultancy.co.uk/search-engine-optimisation-reports.htm"><font color="#000000">Search Engine Optimisation Reports</font></a>.

Comment

You will also find there is a problem with BT broadband, if you ring them they will give you dns server to use instead of obtain one automatically

try this in your tcp/ip properties
                prefered dns 213.120.62.103
                alternate dns 213.120.62.104

hope this helps, solved alot of my problems

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
                  antrixx, can you tell us what ISP you are using? Is it a cable company by any chance?
                  I'm using Nildram. I've tried www.4surehosting.co.uk again but I still can't get to it. I've turned my firewall off too just incase it was that, but still nothing.

Comment

Hi all.

just to let you know that a designer and host together has now been found. Thanks for the messages.

Comment

Hi,

Any chance you can let us know who you went for int the end?

I'd also be nice if you could report back to the forum on how you get on.

Good luck with the project.

IMIS
                      IMIS
                      www.crombie.co.uk
                      www.bonasana.com
                      www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bill
                        Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Auto-Connect.Co.Uk

I have to admit Support@Techno, that Auto-connect website is my favourite website out off all of them. The flash is especially good.

Sorry just had to put my 2 pennth in.
                          Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
                          When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X