Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V10 Bug - Invoice State drop down gone when delivery address selected - plus fix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V10 Bug - Invoice State drop down gone when delivery address selected - plus fix!

I've identified a bug in Actinic V10.

Symptom:
    When you select "Deliver to Different Address" in the checkout the Invoice State List drop down disappears (when you have a country with states selected) and you're left with a text field in the Invoice State field.

Cause:
    The variable
    Code:
    InvoiceCountryStateMap
    located in the "Javascript Country State Maps" layout is not being correctly populated with the required javascript Map object details.

Actinic have confirmed that this will be resolved in 10.0.3

The Solution:
    In the meantime here is a simple workaround.
    - Open "actinicextras.js"
    -Search for:
    Code:
        //
        // Get the js country state map
        //
        var mapCountries = (sLocationType == 'Delivery') ? 
            g_mapDeliveryCountryStateMap : 
            g_mapInvoiceCountryStateMap;
    -change to
    Code:
        //
        //
            g_mapDeliveryCountryStateMap;
    - save file
    -update website

This bug potentially has a knock-on effect with SagePay resulting in a "BillingState Malformed" error, however it would need to be further tested with SagePay to ensure a resolution to this issue.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

On V10.0.4 & still got bug!

I've got latest V10 and have recently come across this issue when customers in USA try to order. So it appears not to have been fixed at all in V10?

I have got the state/province ticked to show (which it does) I have not ticked it as a 'required' field, but when entering a state customers are getting an error message saying state/province is required.

The 'deliver to a different del address' is ticked as most customers send to a third party.

In Business settings Tax is by invoice address & I have tried Fergus's workaround & refreshed and updated, but no joy.

In my current jsextras file this is what came with V10:
    Code:
    	//
       	//
    		g_mapInvoiceCountryStateMap;
    	//
    	// Get states from the map
    	//
    When I tried the workaround I kept the last 3 lines that followed as shown here as I wasn't sure if they were to be there or not.

I have put in a support request, but discovered this over xmas and stuck in the backlog and have now lost 3 customers due to this issue, so would appreciate any further ideas/advice.
    Thanks
    Helen
    www.postapresent.co.uk
    Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Comment

Hi Helen,
      Not sure if I follow or not....
      Can you confirm that the "fix" above is or was published to your live website?
      It currently is not in place on the live site that I can see.
      When you tested the "fix" it may have not worked due to a simple browser caching issue.
      It would be good to see the fix implemented onto the live (or test) site so we can confirm that it does not work for you, or conversely that id does.
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Hi Fergus,

Thanks for your reply. I did a refresh and publish but put it back to original when it didn't work.

However, I've just redone and refreshed and published the site again with your fix and cleared the cache on both Safari and IE8, but no joy. I have had issues in the past where things just won't clear on my pc, but other tell me things are fine, so you may get it to work.

In tax settings by invoice USA is in my country list (not all states tho). It's not in my shipping lists as I only ship to UK & Europe. USA & all states are in locations.

Looking at your fix and what I had, the only change really made was to make:
        g_mapInvoiceCountryStateMap; into
        g_mapDeliveryCountryStateMap; so it had 2 delivery and no invoice. Is this right?

I don't think the person in support who has picked this query up is going to be able to help me, so any help is appreciated here.

regards,

Helen
        Helen
        www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Helen,
          I have just checked your site and the old actinicextras.js information is still there i.e. the fix is not showing, and therefore I cannot see why it is not working.

I can see the states listed in the relevant javascript array on the page so I know that Actinic is doing its job regarding the states, I just cannot see the fix in place
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

How strange. I've just looked in actinicextras.js (which is in my site1 folder) in case the changes didn't save but they have. I've got:

Code:
            var chkSeparateShip = document.getElementById("idSEPARATESHIP");
            	var bSeparateShip = chkSeparateShip && chkSeparateShip.checked;
            	//
               	//
            		g_mapDeliveryCountryStateMap;
            	//
            	// Get states from the map
            	//
            I'm just doing another site refresh to see if it will take this time, so should be up in 10mins.
            Helen
            www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

I've refreshed several times now and viewed source on my site, but not sure what I'm really looking for to see if your fix has taken as I still can't get it to work on my pc.

Other general changes to site are working so I don't think it's a hosting issue.

Thanks
              Helen
              www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Now got this resolved and in case anyone else has similar probs it seemed that somehow the countries list lost the states when upgrading from V9 to v10.

In Business settings/Tax/mixed Tax Zone I had USA & Canada in my countries list so I thought all was set up okay, but they didn't have the + against them (i.e the dropdown states list), although I had that in the Locations country list.

It was a case of simply removing them from the list and adding them again (with the +) and it all works now.

Weird but sorted!

Thanks for all help.
                Helen
                www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Good news.
                  Glad it's sorted for you.
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting