Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: Some new orders don't initially display on the 'Pending' tab

(Version 11.0.0.LKEB, Business Plus)

I have noticed that when I download new orders, some of them don't get initially displayed on the 'Pending' tab as they should. As a rule, I mainly work with the 'Pending' tab, and I print all despatch notes from there. If I click on the 'Pending and Completed' tab, sometimes I see new orders in there which haven't yet had their packing list printed. If I then go back to the 'Pending' tab, the orders will have moved into that tab (where they should be) and all is well from thereonin.

Whilst downloading orders I get quite a few freezes on a daily basis where I have to force Actinic to close and then re-start it again (a whole other thread/ticket) and I have a feeling I am only getting this incorrectly-placed orders issue after one of these freezing problems has occurred.

Incidentally, the orders which don't immediately display on the 'Pending' tab are not sequential - for example if I download 20 orders, it could be the third, eighth and fourteenth orders which don't get displayed on the 'Pending' tab. As soon as I click on the 'Pending and Completed' tab, and then click back onto the 'Pending' tab, those three orders will correctly appear the 'Pending' tab and all is well.

I know I can go into the 'Pending and Completed' tab just before I download my orders, print all despatch notes from there and then go back to my preferred 'Pending' tab, however it would be great to get the issue fixed at some point. Thanks.

I think it is likely they are in pending just at the bottom and switching between pages put them at the top of the list, assuming you do as most and have new orders at the top.

Nigel
    Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nigel, thank you for your reply. I initially thought maybe that was the case, and I also wondered whether it might be related to another issue which I raised here.

However, on a couple of my sites I only have a few orders to view in 'Pending' and so I can see all outstanding orders in one screen. The orders which are initially going astray are definitely nowhere to be seen on the 'Pending' tab, either at the bottom or anywhere else.

Comment

Just a further example really ..... this morning I was on the 'Pending and Completed' tab and downloaded my orders. It froze, so I re-started Actinic. I repeated the whole process and it froze again. During both of those download attempts, it appeared to download a few orders (not sure how many, I switched to a non-Actinic task as I was sick of waiting for so long!) but no payment authorisations.

After those two freezes, I went into Actinic again and went onto the 'Pending' tab, which had six outstanding orders on it from yesterday. I downloaded my orders again and according to the progress bar it downloaded 1 order and 11 payment authorisations. However, none of those 11 new orders displayed on my 'Pending' tab. I then clicked on 'Pending and Completed' and all 11 new orders were in there. I clicked back to the 'Pending' tab and all 11 new orders subsequently appeared, alongside the previous six outstanding orders.

I don't even know if this issue would happen without the constant freezing that I get, as I can rarely download without a freeze and re-start anyway (that has been happening since I upgraded to v10 and I still have no idea why it happens. It doesn't happen when I publish or refresh).

Comment

I think you should contact Actinic support about this as I would suspect that it may be due to the upgrade. They may be able to do some consistency checks on the database to make sure it's ok.

Comment

Hi Duncan - thanks, I'll do that this morning

Comment

I've got the same problem

I've just upgraded from V9 to V11 and have immediately noticed the same problem. I have manually entered some telephone orders and they don't automatically appear in the pending tab (and they are definitely not hiding at the bottom of the page). They won't appear in the pending tab until I click on "pending & completed" then back to "pending". Strange.

Comment

It sounds like there could sometimes be a database problem on upgrade.

I'd try doing a database compact / repair to see if that fixes it. If not then best to get Actinic support involved.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                X