V11 irritation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V11 irritation

My installation of V11 closes down with no prior warning, often after making changes to the CSS stylesheet, sometimes when updating products. The cursor just changes to the "busy" hourglass, and then Actinic closes.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Does it create a dmp file?

Comment

No Duncan, that's the strange thing, no dmp files, no warning messages (that I have seen), just shuts down almost instantly. I have not (yet) lost any information etc though...Odd.
      If V10 did anything similar it used leave a "dmp" for me, and I always had some warning along the lines that Actinic had "encountered an error and needed to close".
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

Comment

Not a bug.

The solution turned out to be simple.
        I had some javascript in the pages which was giving Actinic problems for some reason (Google +1, some tracking code etc) a blockif to stop Actinic running the script cured the problem. Very similar to the facebook Iframe issue.

I think its probably worth using this on any javascript thats added to a page in Actinic as it does seem to speed up previews and reduce crashes dramatically.
        Steve Griggs.

Comment

Working...
        X