SPP pagenames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPP pagenames

Converting an existing site to SPP using the standalone converter can generate invalid pagenames if the product name (short description) has been styled inline using the Actinic formatting toolbar.

The conversion strips most of the !!<< code but if multiple attributes have been applied (color / font / weight etc) you can end up with

------span----font--------product name---------span--------font--------.html

which rightly refuses to upload.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Hello Jont

I am trying to replicate this my end, will post back once I have an update. Meanwhile if you such a snapshot ready, could you send me a link to download it please (krcsupport [at] sellerdeck dot co dot uk)? Just a few such example products would do to see the problem happening.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hello again Jont

I added the above mentioned attributes to Product name in a version10 site and upgraded it to v11.0.3. Using the Single Page converter, converted the database and as you have said, the single product page name is in the format "----u--------em--------strong----Digital-Camera-----strong---------em---------u-----39.html"
      However, I am able to upload the site OK. Am I missing something?

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Could a quick global find/replace for

"--span--"
        "--font--"
        "--u--"
        "--strong--"
        "--em--"

to ""

etc not resolve this quickly?

A further purge on any remaining "--" could then be run as well, replacing them with a single "-".
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

@Krithika

I don't recall the exact combo of inline formatting added to the short product description before the upgrade conversion but it did produce about 10 "-" at the start and between each of the words proper. I have since deleted and fixed in the database.

Bikster

Comment

@Fergus

Yep - that was how I fixed it in Access to remove all the crud and just to get it to upload. It was more of a case of reporting the issue for others who do not have the facility.

Bikster

Comment

Oh. OK.
              .....and now at least anyone else can see an option to resolve should it happen to them!
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
                ----u--------em--------strong----Digital-Camera-----strong---------em---------u-----39.html
                Can anything be done in the conversion routine to remove the fluff so it just leaves Digital-Camera-39.html? The strong point of SellerDeck is the static, SEO friendly URL's that are generated and the above is anything but friendly.

Bikster

Comment

I've seen this too, the routine created that decides on pagename is incomplete, there is never a requirement for double dashes ever. Hopefully it can be looked at again, the replacement of disallowed characters needs tweaking me thinks.

Comment

Hello again

I have already raised an issue for the longish file name being generated due to the formatting codes and let the team know as well.

Regards
                    Krithika Chandrasekar
                    SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X