Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locations NOT within a Zone/Class are still displayed to customers during checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locations NOT within a Zone/Class are still displayed to customers during checkout

SD14

When setting locations, there are 3 notes.

Note "2. Only regions referenced by payment, tax and shipping zones will be shown to the customer."

I noticed an order we received was from Isle of Lewis which is not included in any shipping zone/class.

On further investigation, on our website, locations which were not referenced in any shipping zone/class were being shown during the checkout. Following on, the delivery method was selectable from a drop-down list. The drop-down list contains virtually all delivery methods including free delivery!
    Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Hmm... I remember when I did a test a long time time (so cannot say which version of SD), I setup only Essex for the UK, and during this test (on a live low traffic site), we received an order that was not Essex... After that I did not pursue using Regions in sellerdeck.

But following advise to use regions to overcome a problem with Paypal Website Payments, I can say Regions worked on v16 and v18... Well I monitor our invoices from out shippers to check we are not making a loss on the cost of shipping. So far it's ok.

Comment

Hi Stuart. In your checkout, if I select United Kingdom as the country, Isle of Lewis does appear in the County drop-down. So you must have it set up as a UK region?
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
      X