Minor bug: SD2013 desktop shortcut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor bug: SD2013 desktop shortcut

Extremely minor issue which doesn't bother me personally, but an error in coding all the same.

I have noticed that during a SellerDeck 2013 install, the checkbox to select the option of a desktop shortcut is ineffective... the desktop shortcut is always installed, irrespective of whether the checkbox for that option is ticked or unticked.

Of course, it takes all of 2 seconds to drag the unwanted shortcut to the Recycle Bin, but as it stands there's little point in the choice being there in the first place

Hello Paul

I tried this my end and no desktop icon is created for me. I will test this further and post my findings shortly.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated, although I must stress that it's such a trivial matter that it really doesn't bother me. I just noticed it last night when I was doing a fresh install. I only logged it in case the team were interested.

However, you had me doubting myself so I went back and uninstalled SellerDeck just for the sake of proving my sanity (difficult enough at the best of times!)

I managed to recreate the scenario without any difficulty, but this time I have some further details. It appears that if you leave the Desktop Icon checkbox ticked, then move to the next screen, then go back to deselect the Desktop Icon option, then your revised selection doesn't register.

What actually happened last night (quite by chance) was that I moved backwards through the setup screens to revise some earlier selections before committing to the install. My deselection of the Desktop Icon was a minor afterthought... hence I was surprised when I found the icon sitting on my desktop post install.

So yes, the option appears to work correctly if you deselect the checkbox first time round, but will fail if you retrace your steps through the setup screens.

Probably the most unimportant and insignificant SD bug ever reported

Cheers...

Comment

Probably the most unimportant and insignificant SD bug ever reported
        No bug insignificant in our endeavour to maintain and improve our software's quality

Thank you for the extra step that helped me replicate the bug. I will report the same and let the team know.

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

You're welcome Krithika... glad you were able to replicate it

And thanks for the kind words I salute your pursuit of excellence - best regards to all at SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X