Java script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java script

I've lost all my images out of site 1. It comes up with a Javascript error 'The value of the property Preloaded images is null or undefined, not a Function object.

I assumed this was a javascript error (am i correct) and went to check on my instalation and it doesn't recognise Java on my computer. I've tried reloading, trying an earlier version disabling firewalls etc.

By googling it seems to be a jar file error as this comes up .'invalidating entry url http://www.speedtester.bt.com/applet/speedtest.jar file=C:\Users\Gail\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\22\178d82d6-78f87c63.idx'.

I tried deleting this file to no avail. Is there anything you can recommend?
    Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Java and javascript are not the same thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/guides/java-and-javascript
    Last edited by guccij; 13-Feb-2013, 01:35 PM. Reason: added link
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

When you say you have lost the images, what do you mean? They've disappeared from the Site folder? They're not showing online?
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

The site 1 folder is there with all the HTML folders in it but all the images have disappeared. I tried doing a snapshot and there were no images to backup. The website online seems ok but obviously I daren't upload anything.

I did a system restore (3 days back)and the coding error message has gone from Actinic but still no images.

I haven't altered anything on the site recently apart from putting on new products.

I've got a fairly recent snapshot I could import but i'd rather find out what happened first.

Comment

Originally posted by gail View Post
          I did a system restore (3 days back)and the coding error message has gone from Actinic but still no images...t.
          Do you have any recent snapshots before the restore?

Comment

Yes, did a snapshot a week ago, will lose a little if I put it on but not much.

Would you recommend this?

I'm still puzzled why Java won't show on my computer, are the 2 linked?

Comment

but all the images have disappeared.
              You're still not being clear.

Are the image files missing from the folder you expect them to be in?

Or, are they missing from the Page Preview window?

Or, something else?

P.S. if your system is a laptop, I'm 25 miles away in Lasswade.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by gail View Post
                I'm still puzzled why Java won't show on my computer, are the 2 linked?
                Hi Gail,

As Jules pointed out earlier, Java is a separate entity to Javascript, so those two aren't linked at least.

Your Actinic installation doesn't require Java to be installed on your PC in order to run correctly. Java will only be present on your machine if at some point in the past you installed software which required it, or alternatively you specifically downloaded it from the Java website.

Many folks choose to avoid Java where possible.

Comment

Both, they are missing from the preview page and all the images are missing from my site 1 folder.

I've just looked at the site in preview and it's nearly all grey, headers, sidebars and images are gone, just the descriptions are left.

Judging from what's been said it's not a java problem then?

Comment

Problem is nothing to do with Java (or JavaScript). That's just another symptom of SellerDeck not being able to find required files.

What did you do to your computer just before the problem started?
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

As far as I know..nothing..lol.

Anyway i'm going out in disgust.... when I come back I'll reload the prog and install the snapshot which hopefully will solve it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Just a quickie, when something like this happens is it best to uninstall Actinic and reinstall it then import the snapshot or is it enough just to import?

Comment

It's hard to give a definitive answer without knowing more detail about how your installation is 'broken', Gail

On a positive note, it doesn't take too long to do an uninstall/reinstall, and you could look on this as a belt and braces approach which will rule out many issues by so doing. In other words, if you still have errors when you import your snapshot into your fresh install, than at least you know the problem lies within your snapshot and not within the Actinic files themselves... one less thing to worry about.

If I were you I would also wipe the files on your server before uploading anew after your snapshot import. You can do this by a Web Site Purge and Refresh from the Help - Troubleshooting menu, or just use an FTP program if you know how to use one, etc. - but be careful if you use FTP that you don't accidentally alter the Actinic folder structure or permissions on your webspace, etc.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                          X