Deleted Products that were in permutations, still listed when searched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted Products that were in permutations, still listed when searched

If i search for a product that is no longer available and completely deleted from SD, but it was at one stage part of a list of products offered via a permutation, the SD search returns all of the products that once had it offered.

The product was listed as a product in its own right, it was also listed as an upsell (via permutations) on about 60 products. The product became discontinued, i deleted it and purged it and this made it invalid in the permutations and it did not show against any of the 60 products.

BUT, because it remains in the permutations, but is invalid, it still returns in the search results.

That's rubbish. If the permutation is not valid, search shouldn't be indexing it surely?

The product itself does not remain listed, but if you search for the deleted product, because it is still in the permutation, albeit invalid, each product that has that invalid product attached shows up in the search results. It never returns the actual product as that is deleted, instead it returns all products that had it in their permutations. Understandable if valid, not when it no longer is, it cannot search on invalid permutations, they're invalid for a reason, whether that be OOS, deleted or a combination not available (on multiple perms).

Comment

Thanks for this, however I have not been able to replicate this in a default site.

Can you either call support or create a support ticket so that we can look at the site.

Comment

You've probably switched off the permutation text as a search option, it doesn't do it then? Allow permutation text to be searched add a product, then add to permutation, then delete the product leaving SD to manage the permutation itself, it will still then be searchable of a sort and return the product on which you added it. Product model number the same as product ref number might also help as my products are searched for by product number which i use as the product ref. Radio button perms too in case visible text is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          You've probably switched off the permutation text as a search option
          Sorry, as I said it appears to work fine here.

Can you either call support or create a support ticket so that we can look at the site.

Comment

Hi Gary

Just registering a support ticker for this and 4 other problems, appreciate any help you can provide. The permutation problem will not show on the site i send you as i have switched searchable permutation text off to avoid the issue, you will need to switch it back on.

Thanks

Lee

Comment

Working...
            X