Serious Bug. Hierarchical Export / Re-Import can corrupt all Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious Bug. Hierarchical Export / Re-Import can corrupt all Products

Scenario: SD 12.0.5. Using Export and then Import on an user variable with Place of Setting set to Product and Fragment corrupts all products by setting the user variable to a junk value.

Demo:

Create clean SD 12.0.5 demo site.

Go to Design / Library / Variables / Product and create a test variable TESTING (as per screenshot Testing1.jpg).

Go to the Three Diamond Ring product / Properties and set variable Testing Variable to "Test123" (as per screenshot Testing2.jpg).

Now do a File / Export to file testing.csv and use the defaults.

Now do File / Import and re-import the file you just created, using defaults. Note the Product mapping should be as per screenshot Testing3.jpg.

Go to the Three Diamond Ring product / Properties and see if Testing Variable is now corrupted (as per screenshot Testing4.jpg).

Even worse. Go to any other product / Properties and see if Testing Variable (which should have been blank) is now corrupted (as per screenshot Testing5.jpg).
    Attached Files
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Testing4.jpg is worth looking at just for the laugh if nothing else, thank you Norman, you just brightened my day. Looks like a bad one for import and exporters.

Comment

Testing4.jpg was me being quite polite considering how damaging this bug can be.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Agreed, this could be a silent killer if not picked up when you import, meaning lots of work undone.

Comment

Norman - I love your optimism in hoping the export / import routine would work as it should. Bless you xx

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for this; I will create a bug report.

Comment

This is due to bug SD-4194, I have added a reference to this thread.

It is the flag that set the variable to be fragment and product is the cause and can be negated if two variables are created one for the product and one for the fragment.

Comment

Working...
              X