images in sub folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

images in sub folders

the title just about sums it up, whats wrong with putting images into a subfolder (or 2 or 3) ??

Nothing - you can have as many subfolders as you want.

Comment

Malcolm - this is the wishlist - Kevin means image subfolders online. At least he has not gone overboard, like Paul in the other thread...
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Malcolm - this is the wishlist
        Dooh - Ive posted on the wrong thread AGAIN.

Whats the point of image sub folders online?
        Last edited by RuralWeb; 26-Nov-2006, 11:13 PM. Reason: Clarify use of DOOH

Comment

at the moment, I have to make sure every image I ever use anywhere on actinic is unique, once on the web, they all get placed in the same folder, so the ability to have different sub-folders would be useful for SOME people, if its not for you, don't vote, after all, thats the whole point of the wishlist - I wish . . . . .

Comment

so the ability to have different sub-folders would be useful for SOME people, if its not for you, don't vote,
            People can also vote against or question a suggestion - its not a vote based wish list (which I originally suggested ). Actinic will make the final list based on what is discussed here - all I am saying is that IMO I can see no advantage to having the images in subfolders on the server.

If you were upset about the DOOH it was not directed at you it was in reply to Bill telling me I had posted out of context.

Comment

separate image subfolder within acatalog

A separate image subfolder within acatalog on server would also alleviate the 'great wait' when trying to update files / browse acatalog over FTP if you have a large number of image files.

For example, on one site, using fast broadband link it can take about 1 minute just to rename or delete a file within the acatalog folder as it contains around 15,000 jpegs mixed in with all the usual actinic html, cat, fil, pm, pl and session files.

Comment

A very good suggestion - thanks for that.

The whole online folder side of Actinic is definitely due for an overhaul. We've just for to figure out a way to do it that a) doesn't muck up anyone's search engine rankings b) doesn't make it more difficult to upload an Actinic store.

Comment

for SEO purposes please ensure that all HTML files are at one level and not in subfolders.

Maybe there could be one subfolder for images which people can then choose to subdivide

Comment

Working...
                  X