Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Calculations - Drop Shipping

Guys,

I just had a brainwave and wonder if this modification could be integrated into the next release...?

As most of the Actinic team know we developed with Codepath utilising a Mole End plug-in the fully automated Business catalogue with ability send emails to each location (warehouse or supplier) a despatch instruction, the end result is a wonderful ability to run your shop "hands off" and customer paid orders are processed.

However (there's always a butt - yes that is spelled correctly) calculating shipping for multiple location drops is not possible but it could be. Although and if dropship was integrated into Actinic you'd have a virtual crate for each location and apply shipping rates as per your grid and optimum box weight, as it's not, well you can't... so what if we say that each category has a routine that if there's a shipping surcharge for selecting any product from that category it would take care of most scenarios or at least good enough to stop us leaking cash.

I thought about using the discount / surcharge but as you can only surcharge on order level and restrict that to customer group or payment method, the train stops there!

Example:

X items @ Y weight = £6.50 + (£0.25 x Y weight) = basic shipping cost + Z surcharge one time only for selecting a product from category "supplier of clothing" category.

In other words the customer bought some stuff from us and ordered and embroidered jacket which we buy in bespoke, our shipping costs are set but the supplier may also have a minimum despatch cost which is now covered by our surcharge. This could apply to multiple suppliers in one order and should be accomodated, the limitation is that for each supplier every product they supply would have to be in "their" category for the surcharge to apply correctly. That is unless we want to apply a grouping routine to each product and work it properly, but that's a whole load of work I guess...

Hi David. I've moved this to the 'Wish List' section so others can add their comments to it.

It's a good suggestion though, and I'll ask the team to consider it for a future release.

Comment

This is way more indepth than i wanted, but i had requested in the past that products and shipping surcharges or shipping bands should be defined at product or group level, not global one size fits all. Quick edit - instead of payment or customer group restrictions only

Darren

Comment

David/Darren

Thanks for the suggestions. I have passed them onto the team.

Comment

The URL...

If anyone wants to trial our automated drop shipping module please download it from here and email us for an activation key...

http://www.codepath.co.uk/download/installdropship.exe

You will also need of the MoleEnd OSA which is also available on a trial at...

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Ord...r-Actinic.html

Comment

Working...
          X