Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Sellers List

Hi,

Would it be possible to have a worst sellers list so we could concentrate on selling bad stock rather than highlighting stock that already sells?

Thanks,
    Paul.

You can do that by fixing the products you need to shift manually in the best sellers list.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

It's called a 'Sale'

Mike

(wearing his cynical hat)
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

This thread surely belongs in Jont's "I'll pay you..honestly" bit...

...as in 'take my worst selling items....I'll pay you...honestly.."

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          You can do that by fixing the products you need to shift manually in the best sellers list.
          well, you can do anything manually - but if you have thousands of lines how do you keep track? The point of having an automatic list like the best sellers is that its easy! It would also be good to run concurrently on different pages the best and worst sellers.

From a real world prospective, in my stores if I have old stock or slow moving stuff I want to clear I don't stick it in a sale (we never have sales), we move it to near the door or on the tills. Prime retail estate - the slow lines sell through faster as more eyes get to view it. I would have thought that would be the same on the web?

Paul.

Comment

Paul,

My thoughts are generally to push the stuff that sells well and dump the stuff that doesn't sell. To waste prime real estate on stuff that no-one wants is really upside down thinking.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Many customers assume that a best sellers list (and/or "others who bought this product also bought....") is nothing more than an attempt to flog worst sellers

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

A "sale", "to clear" or "special offers" section would also be my recommendation. If the amount of products that are failing is vast, i would be looking hard at the notice period i need to give my marketing manager. Sometimes things don't sell and gambles don't pay off, that's the way it goes, if this is running into many lines, then i would have to take a hard look at what's going wrong.

25% of your products bring in 75% of your sales is what i leart on a fantastic program and when you think about it, it is generally true. Get rid of the crap as soon as possible and fill that space with things that actually bring in money.

Comment

Hi Lee

I agree i always use the 80/20 rule works for just about everything we do.

But i do like the idea of a worst sellers list if nothing more than to show me what i should dump

Cheers
                  Darren

Comment

Working...
                  X