choose which browser to default to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choose which browser to default to

it would be nice to be able to choose which browser you use to test within.

DW does this, you tell it a primary and secondary browser. Due to IE being a pain. I would like to use IE as my default browser for actinic dev work, whilst retaining FF as my day to day workhorse browser.

Jo, If you mean the render inside the design view I don't think its possible as they probably use the internal windows code directly. If I am wrong then I would also love this as I like to test in IE6/7,FF & OP and having them all open at a time is a pain. If you could change the view on the fly it would be great .

Thanks,
    Paul.
    Last edited by PaulGrimshaw; 14-Dec-2006, 07:18 PM. Reason: to save my blushes

Comment

Jan
      not again....please

Comment

I thought people were getting the hang of this Jan / Jo thing - mind you we have not had the pleasure of meeting you both so are you one and the same?

Darren

Comment

If you mean the render inside the design view
          I mean when you do a local preview, within actinic is based on IE. If I want to view in different browsers to check compatibility I have to cut and paste urls into different browsers. I've now got IE6 and 7 on diiferent PCs so I have ot upload to test webspace to check IE7. It all gts very confusing and time consuming.

so are you one and the same?
          there's defo 2 of us. The annoying thing also is we both offer mutually exclusive services, I do hosting and design, Jan does software and paper. The only commonality is the "J"

Comment

we have not had the pleasure of meeting you both
            Myself and the other attendees at the first v8 teach-in did have the pleasure of meeting both Jan and Jo, and can confirm they are distinctly seperate, but both very talented and capable, people.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Jo,

I agree - it would be very useful to have this feature.

I've now got IE6 and 7 on diiferent PCs so I have ot upload to test webspace to check IE7.
              did you know you can get a copy of IE 6 stand alone? If not, then you can download IE6 from brower archive. I have IE 6 & 7 running fine together on the same PC.

Thanks,
              Paul.

Comment

did you know you can get a copy of IE 6 stand alone?
                Bill posted info re that, I'm one of those people who prefer to let others experiment with such stuff before installing it myself. I like to keep my laptop (which is my main working machine) as stable as poss.

I suspect I will need to have both 6 and 7 on my laptop, but at the mo its just got 6. I'll put 7 on when its abit more usable. But thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Jo

Have you looked at the 'IE Tab' plug-in for Firefox? I use this to preview in IE without having to launch IE7 - which takes AGES

Comment

Working...
                  X