Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

View 'Real' Source

Hi,

I would like to be able to view the source of the page I am editing. To be specific, If I could right click the code screen and press View Source (like IE/FF) and then actinic would create the source as it would be uploaded so all Blocks Ifs, variables etc are all exactly as would be uploaded.

This would be useful to see the exact code that is created and find problems easier.

Paul.

Errmm - is this not what the preview in browser option allows you to do?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Yeah, but its an extra step. If I want to see the code as is I need to preview it and then click view source. It saves a step doing it directly.

Comment

But the step you want to save is the one that generates the 'real' source....
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The real beauty would to be able to edit the source code in real time and Actinic convert it back to the <block> etc tags ... Chris Dicken stars in Mission Impossible 4.

As Bill points out previewing in the actual browser is the safest option for debugging just in case Actiic preview is throwing anything else into the mix

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

But the step you want to save is the one that generates the 'real' source....
            not really, if its in the design screen then its already created...

Paul.

Comment

To view source in a browser you have to click and open the browser, then right click and select to view source.

With actinic, you click on preview, then right click and view source.

Wheres the saved click?

Are you meaning that actinic should be a browser like piece of software and not a software package for designing ecommerce websites?

Comment

I have not mentioned previews or opening browsers in my request - that was everyone else. I specifcially asked that if I could right-click the code and see the actual code that is being produced for that page.

The code is made anyway each time you click apply as it has to make it for the DesignPreview html. All I am asking is that a quick link directly to that code would be useful to me.

Paul.

Comment

Thanks for the input Paul. I have passed on the suggestion to the development team.

Comment

Working...
                  X