Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content Categories & Variables

Item 1

The ability to select which variables are affected when a new content category is specified, rather than all of the variables being enabled for that category.

At the minute if I create a new content category it automatically enables all of my variables for that category and I have to go through the variables and uncheck boxes.

Item 2

The intruduction of a variable which indicates online which content category the product is in.

This would be useful for only displaying content specific to the product without the need of creating yet another variable which would mirror the setting of content category on the product's general tab.

Item 3

A block which allows only the user defined varaibles with values for a product to be shown online. With list settings for the layout.

Very useful if you're trying to keep the number of product layouts to a minimum and sell items which require different variable values displaying i.e. a book would have isbn, publisher etc. but a fruit cake would have weights, allergy info etc. The fruit cake doesn't have an isbn, so that variable doesn't need to be shown and a book is unlikely to have allergy info

These are all excellent - and would make my life easier as well.

With regards to
    A block which allows only the user defined varaibles with values for a product to be shown online. With list settings for the layout.
    You can just use a block with a condition such as

<actinic:variable name="ISBN" /> != ""

...to hide a block of code if a variable (in this case ISBN) has no value.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

I'm already doing the individual block if variable is blank, but it can get a bit confusing and it's so easy to delete the wrong bit. I also find that if I click on something, it can be deleted just by being left clicked on!

It's the list settings for the block of variables which would be the most useful item!

Comment

Working...
      X