Order Confirmation Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Confirmation Email

Currently, I see about 80-90% of customers returning to the receipt page after paying and thus getting the order confirmation email.

What this means though is that something like 10-20% are not getting this email, which really is too many.

Where a PSP is used, could actinic not triggger the confirmation email when the payment confirmation is sent through by the PSP? This would avoid the dependency on the customer returning to the receipt page.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Thanks Mike - I've passed this on to the team.

Comment

My vote too on this one.

Comment

And me please

Comment

An absolute must from me!

Comment

1 vote from me too.
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

add me too

Comment

I'd like to add my vote too.

Comment

...me too

Comment

I was in contact with WorldPay yesterday;

I use Actinic e-commerce shopping cart software and the problem I have is, if the customer does not click "VIEW MERCHANT RECEIPT" then they do not get an emailed confirmation of order. They only get sent the email from WorldPay of payment made.

This makes us look rather unprofessional and then the customer often queries us as to if the order has been actually received, and is everything ok with theie order.

So basically, what i'd like to do is amend the text line "VIEW MERCHANT RECEIPT to encourage my customers to click it and generate a receipt"

The response from WorldPay was;

The problem you've described is an issue with your current shopping cart integration and as such you will need to contact Actinic to get their assistance in changing this particular detail for you.

Just thought it worth another push.........

Comment

A definite vote from me too!
                      Brian
                      www.flowergallery.co.uk
                      Same day flower delivery to UK
                      Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                      International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

I want to raise the profile on this one again. After two and a half years I'm surprised that this hasn't been fixed yet. With more customer and websites using paypal the problem is getting worse all the time. For me it's now more like 50% who aren't getting the customer email and this is really very poor.

I'm surprised this isn't on the list for V10. I was under the impression that V10 was supposed to be a 'catch up' release (as well as other things) where all the little, and not so little, problems that have crept into the software over the years were supposed to be addressed.

I would have though this was an obvious candidate for a V10 fix. Is it a deliberate decision not to include a fix or is just something that no-one thought about?

At some point Actinic have to bite the bullet and fix these things. You can't just leave them to build up over the years and hope they'll go away.

Mike

Comment

I agree Mike, the timing of the email is a real problem.

Although i would like to hear from Actinic what the process in the checkout is ie what happens when as we are see a few checkout hangs due to email sending

Comment

Although i would like to hear from Actinic what the process in the checkout is ie what happens when as we are see a few checkout hangs due to email sending
                            I suspect that may be the 'new order' email which AFAIK is triggered earlier in the process. The Customer order email shouldn't get in the way as it's not triggered until later in the process.

Mike

Comment

considering the checkout has been shortened to 3 pages for v10 - can we have info on what, where etc

The Customer order email shouldn't get in the way as it's not triggered until later in the process.
                              if the mailserver is busy, then checkout hangs and waits for it, i would be better to separate the 2

Comment

Working...
                              X