Different Reports Per Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Reports Per Site

I would like to be able to have Reports per site (with Actinic Multisite).
    I customize my reports with the company logo etc per site and it's a real pain having to swap reports with a batch file. (And reprinting them when I forget to!)

Hi Duncan,

I think that this a good wish list idea, our programs allow you to do this, it's quite popular, but how about this for a workaround, have a single report but have different sections within for each site. Use the site name of switch to the correct logo etc (the site name is a memo field, so you will have to use a SQL expression - only one will work per report for V8.5 - to get the name into a form that can be used in comparisons with in the report.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Duncan

This is a good suggestion - I'll pass it onto the team.

Comment

Hmmm another great wish that has been omitted, not much help for multi site users, and being this being an ever popular package now V9 is around.

Perhaps everything needs to be moved away from the core install and have all these site crytical files under the site for more independance

D

Comment

This is not an easy fix to add in to be configurable for users.

Jan's sotware allows you to have some different reports per site. Another option, as I have done for many people with multiple sites, is to have different logos displayed condiftionally based on the site name.

Comment

Duncan at the end of the day, it does not have to be configurable for users, if the reports are on a site by site basis then custom reports will be changed relative to the site, for most the standard reports will suffice and not need changing, and many of the actinic users will not notice the difference.

I have a report with my company logo, but i am stuck with not being able to use it as it does not suit all the sites for obvious reasons.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
              ...I have a report with my company logo, but i am stuck with not being able to use it as it does not suit all the sites for obvious reasons.

D
              The logo can be made to be conditional based on the company name - in fact you can add mutiple logos to print based on each company name.

Comment

Of course why did i not think of that

*wanders off to see if he can work out what Duncan just said

Comment

Darren - any of the fields can be made to be conditional using standard programming syntax .. if you have Cristal look on the icon bar for what appears like a bunch of multi-coloured cherries!!! You have inbuilt conditions and also an editor to build up complex queries.

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Jont

will take a look

Comment

oooh yer found the cherry things and promptly shut crystal reports down, will take a look sometime, looks like you can have some fun with this, im sure i will trash the reports anyway but be good to ermm have a play

D

Comment

Cristal is pretty daunting at first but the power is fantastic once you get to grips with it. As ever save a copy first or simply copy the .rpt to a temp area and work on that one as the database connection will remain the same to view sample data.

Bikster
                        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                        X