zipped upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zipped upload

I havent read all of this forum so sorry if these have been requested before.

Some form of compressed zipped upload please. Even on SDSL the FTP overhead from many small files is becoming unbearable.

Sending all files as a single zip and then extracting on the server will speed things up dramatically, especially for those on SDSL.

Along with this, is there any way that the pre-checking of the site before upload could be more intelligent. There should be better methods of checking when minor edits have been made, fixing a spelling mistake for example. Checking a entire large site in these instances is frustrating.

If a fully automated system that reduces checking time is not possible, then perhaps a system where, in the instance of minor edits that only effect a few known pages, the user can specify which pages these are and bypass the pre-check before upload process, only building and uploading the pages requested.

And fully automated RSS feeds for new products, or an 'add product to rss feed' checkbox, or both.

'pre-checking' - a good idea. Along similar lines I wish that the file checker was dynamic in that it could be done when saving the files/layouts and maintaining a changed list rather than waiting to do this at upload time.

Comment

Hi there

Many thanks for the wish list suggestions. I have circulated them to the development team.

Comment

Working...
      X