creating a secret place in the store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating a secret place in the store

I've just popped this on the v7 forum, but following a comment there I am prompted to repeat some of it just here in the hope that either someone already has this functionality sorted, or if not it can be added to the list of 'wishes'.

In effect, I have a client who wishes to send out an email campaign to a select bunch of their customers inviting them to access their site (v7 at the moment) to see a small seelection of products at a special price available only to those invited to access the pages. The email campaign then has a referring URL to take these people into the actinic site at that page / section to view and hopefully purchase at a preferrential price.

Obviously I can add a new section with these prices, but the problem with this is obviously the new section is then flagged up in the navigation and site map for all to see (not the idea). Likewise, the customer is not planning to limit the invitation to registered users (in fact they don't use this part of the functionality anyway) so I can't differentiate the display of prices (for instance) based on user groups.

the 'wish' then is to be able to create a section or series of pages which can be in effect 'hidden' from the navigation and site map (maybe with a tick box)

Hi David

Just to let you know, in v8 it is possible to hide a section from the navigation. The solution is in the Advanced User Guide in a chapter called 'How to Only Show Certain Sections in the Top Level Section List'. To hide a section from the sitemap, v8 includes a checkbox in the General tab of each section to do just this.

Comment

Working...
    X