Moving products in the content tree.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving products in the content tree.

Instead of awkward cutting / pasting - trying to drag and drop, can we have an arrow up and arrow down icon (with keyboard shortcut) to move highlighted items easily in a product list.

OR have a new product added to the bottom of an existing list as this is the more natural way when entering products from a list. i.e. the next product on a paper list goes BELOW the previously entered one, NOT before.

Also, sorting options for items.

I would like to second this, or at least fix the problem with moving both products and fragements at the same time, the fragment gets changed to a product until you restart actinic, or was this fixed in V8.5

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

the fragment gets changed to a product until you restart actinic
      are you saying that once you copy the fragment (and accidently make it a product), all NEW fragments then becomes a product automatically UNTIL YOU RESTART ACTINIC and then it reverts to its normal fragment-like behaviour

I've got hundreds of fragments that are also products - I narrowed it down as to why it was happening - the copy bug - but had a different workaround.

As a workaround - I copy the product first, then copy the fragments - this seems to break the link between fragments thinking they COULD be a product - its a pain in the a*** but at least I wouldn't have to restart actinic

I'm still waiting for this one to be fixed.

Comment

As a workaround - I copy the product first, then copy the fragments - this seems to break the link between fragments thinking they COULD be a product - its a pain in the a*** but at least I wouldn't have to restart actinic
        Thats what i do, but some times i copy the contents of a section and forget, but the restart sorts it out

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

Instead of awkward cutting / pasting - trying to drag and drop, can we have an arrow up and arrow down icon (with keyboard shortcut) to move highlighted items easily in a product list.

OR have a new product added to the bottom of an existing list as this is the more natural way when entering products from a list. i.e. the next product on a paper list goes BELOW the previously entered one, NOT before.
          I've passed these on to the development team.
          Also, sorting options for items.
          http://www.mole-end.biz/ has got a Catalog Sorting tool that you might find handy.

With regards to all the product/fragment bugs, I've been trying to reproduce them in my 8.5 with no luck. Have you worked them through with support? Did they tell you there is a bug there?

Comment

Working...
          X