Flat File Export

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat File Export

We can specify what fields we import using the flat file method. I would like to export a flat file and to specify what fields are output.

I currently have to use the exported hierarchical file and manipulate it. Some of it can be done writing macros in Excel, but I cannot do certain things (may be my lack of Excel knowledge) and end up doing some of it manually.

It would save me manual manipulation and checking.

The export is set with the fields, so do not think it is possible to state what gets exported I am afraid, but would be nice I guess in a future release.

Comment

After exporting your hierarchical file, in excel you can select 'auto-filter'ing and then iin column A do a 'custom filter' of 'contain' 'product' for example to see only the product header and product rows. A little simple filtering should let you see only what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
        After exporting your hierarchical file, in excel you can select 'auto-filter'ing and then iin column A do a 'custom filter' of 'contain' 'product' for example to see only the product header and product rows. A little simple filtering should let you see only what you want.
        ...this is one of the things I also do (and set Product Type column to show only zero (2 shows catalog fragments)) which gives me a list of products, but I would also like to see the Section data alongside too.

As I am an established user of Excel and, as a preference, use that for any data manipulations I do.
        I could probably do what I'm after in MS Access but I've not had the chance to learn how to use that - although I do have it installed.

Comment

Hi Paul

I've passed this on to the development team on your behalf. It is also worth checking out the 'Marketing | Froogle Export' as this exports data in a different structure, including section info.

Comment

Working...
          X