Search indexing for variables inserted into product description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search indexing for variables inserted into product description

It'd be good to be able to set a variable inserted into the product description using [<actinic:variable name="whatever" />] to be indexed so it is picked up by a regular search. Perhaps as a new option on right click | Edit Appearance

Could you clarify "Perhaps as a new option on right click | Edit Appearance" please.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

It's a suggestion as to where a new option could be enabled from. i.e. my wishlist suggestion about variables inserted into the product description in square brackets being indexed by the regular search.

Comment

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I will pass this onto the team.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Adding searchable variables to Full Description

We had in v7 and still looks like we have in v8 a similar problem. We got around it by parsing the properties in the database and adding them to the end of the Full description as hidden text e.g. !!<<span style='position: absolute; top: -1000px'><font size='1' color='#FFFFFF'>45cm, 45cm, Cottons Viscose Linens, Dry Clean Only, Cushion Christmas Gifts Accessories Pads Mulberry, Traditional, Floral Damask, Green, Mulberry</font></span>>!!

It works very well but requires you to regularly purge then reupdate every time you add a new product.

It does allow you to search for properties in Quick Search.
          Gerald

Comment

Working...
          X